Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Jessie M. Golden
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We’re looking for a strong leader to act as Team Manager for the Securities Lending Services team. This role is responsible for ensuring an exceptional sales and service experience for clients across the Securities Lending Fully Paid (SLFP) and Hard to Borrow Short Sale (HTB) product lines, as well as providing key trading support services for the Securities Lending team. This candidate will create and enhance a service model that effectively manages new opportunities for SLFP and HTB as well as implement a scalable service model that creates greater efficiencies over time, all while developing a culture that focuses on teamwork, innovation, high quality work, and the building of strategic partnerships.
What you’ll do:
As a Securities Lending Services (SLS) and Support Team Manager, you will have the opportunity to:
- Drive business growth in a rapidly developing, unique market in order to grow and solidify Schwab’s position as a premier retail broker in the Securities Lending industry.
- Be the lead SME on systems and processes that fall within the Securities Lending Services umbrella, including: Securities Lending Fully Paid (SLFP), Hard to Borrow Short Sale (HTB) and Trading Support Services.
- Develop training curriculum to enhance the professional growth of the Securities Lending Services personnel.
- Monitor the daily workflow of the team and provide coaching, supervision and empowerment to a highly skilled and motivated SLS team and other Securities Lending team mates.
- Manage the inbound and outbound contact center for the SLFP and HTB products.
- Monitor measures of client satisfaction, including service levels, sales conversion ratios, and client effort with the intent of assuring ever-increasing improvement of the client experience.
- Build and support the external and internal awareness and brand for SLFP and HTB.
- Assist in the creation of a viable Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for the Securities Lending team.
- Ensure compliance and documented supervision across a variety of specialized workflows.
- Remain informed about evolving industry developments, market structure evolution, new products and trading related regulatory changes.
- Lend to the SLS team’s professionalism, market expertise, technical capabilities, communication skills and proactive outreach activity.
- Proactively recognize strategic business opportunities and be willing to challenge “the status quo” and be willing to reinvent and change the business as needed.
- Work collaboratively with other peers across the network organization and successfully engage in cross-departmental projects and initiatives.
In addition to base salary, Team Managers may take advantage of Schwab’s extensive benefits program and also have the opportunity to earn a bonus which rewards team goals, client satisfaction, client retention, and profitable company growth. Schwab employees also have the opportunity to take part in community service projects and other company events.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Experience: 5+ years of securities industry experience or 3+ years of Trading Markets or Sales experience preferred.
- Licenses: Series 7, 63, 9/10 are mandatory. Series 24, 57 are preferred
- Exceptional / pragmatic business judgment combined with outstanding communication and relationship skills
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Advanced excel and power point skills desired
- Role Expectation: Demonstrates solid understanding of lending mechanics and the result of lending on a client account. Able to lead education efforts for Lending Services staff and other business partners. Serves as supplemental team Supervisor including all Regulatory supervision, team coaching, Pattern Based Supervision and some Project Management/Business Development.
- Technical: Demonstrates mastery of trading markets, internal applications and Schwab electronic products. Has an in-depth understanding of Securities Lending support tools as well as an ability to forecast the impact of trading markets on the Securities Lending Business.
- Client Support: Demonstrates mastery of Service and Conversation Model and can transition introductory conversations to conversations that uncover additional client needs.
- Business Ownership: Is aware of business objectives and proactively adapts to a rapidly changing environment to meet business needs and productivity numbers. Inserts themselves into areas of greatest need such as contingency abatement, education efforts and leveraging subject matter expertise conducive to the best possible advantage of both our clients and the firm.
- Brand: Understands and implements the Schwab Promise when communicating with clients/prospects, peers and business partners. Proactively displays a high-energy and positive attitude when engaging others.
- Center of influence: Champions new ideas and leads discussions to improve processes and business outcomes for team and across the network. Consistent in bringing SME knowledge to team and network. Challenges team members to generate new ideas, regardless of size; pushing them to break through conventional thinking in support of our vision. Looks beyond the current vision to continue to innovate on how to be even more effective in the future. Making yourself available to support diversity and charitable efforts.
- Courage: Proactively and independently tackles challenging issues head on, understanding broader potential impacts. Takes ownership of decisions and demonstrates an understanding of how to mitigate risk while still leading the business forward. Is willing to forego immediate personal gain for the benefit of the whole team.
- Professionalism: Demonstrates a positive attitude and strong work ethic with a high level of integrity and ethics. Conveys self-awareness of personal style and frequently solicits feedback from leaders, peers and team to develop stronger emotional intelligence. Accepts change well and helps drive change. Models behaviors and influences others to demonstrate the same behaviors.
- Removes Barrier: Anticipates and identifies barriers; thinks ahead and works with business partners to remove obstacles that hinder seamless workflow.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 24, FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Dallas, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 1, 2018