Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Analytics and Business Insight is a department focused on firm-wide decision support, client behavior diagnostics, advanced analytics, market research, client loyalty, management reporting, and client and prospect data management. Our mission is to help Schwab compete on analytics – in particular, to serve our clients and cultivate their loyalty by understanding their needs and goals better than anyone – and make strategic decisions in a data-driven, fact-based, sophisticated manner. Our services are in heavy demand due to our reputation for accuracy, strong business insight, outstanding productivity, and attention to detail.
Schwab’s Analytics & Business Insight (ABI) is responsible for providing reliable and timely data that enables business units at Schwab to make timely and informed business decisions. We leverage close, collaborative working relationships with our business partners to apply technology solutions to a wide array of business problems and reporting needs. The organization also plays a key role in data stewardship and information management at Schwab.
ABI for Operations helps its internal partners in Operational Services fulfill their critical role in helping Schwab’s clients achieve their financial goals. Operational Services strives to ensure every interaction with Schwab is simple and easy – anything from opening an account to processing corporate actions, performing trade orders, moving assets, and so forth. They’re also focused on safeguarding our clients' and firms' assets – supporting Schwab’s vision of being the most trusted leader in investment services.
What you’ll do:
As an Analytics Consultant within the ABI for Operations team you will:
- Scope analytics projects including determining optimal analytical approach, identifying business and data assets, developing execution plans, and conducting analysis
- Design, develop, and deliver analytic models, findings, and reports for the purpose of quantifying performance of business areas and evaluating operational changes
- Build relationships and consult with all levels of internal business partners including executives, managers, business users, and developers
- Gather relevant quantitative and qualitative information by extracting data from databases and engaging with business partners
- Interpret data, identify relevant analyses, and develop models and/or reports with the goal of providing actionable insights that support the business area
- Create and deliver presentations and reports that communicate messages clearly to business partners, with an emphasis on story telling
- Work independently as well as contribute to team problem-solving efforts to meet partner deadlines and objectives
- Actively expand your professional development; seeking opportunities for growth and expansion of your analytical and consulting skills
- Identify ways to improve legacy processes and reports, helping the team progress and bypass technical debt
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree (Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or similarly quantitative field preferred)
- Robust analytics background needed; modeling/statistical/advanced analytics experience highly valued
- 4+ years of relevant experience in an analytics capacity (Experience as a data analyst, statistical analyst, or similar analytical role; Consulting experience a plus)
- Strong programming/data processing experience (including use of statistical software such as SAS, Python, R, SPSS, or Stata), in context of deriving analytic insights and performance measurement
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated ability to solve problems; Ability to “tell a story” with data
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to explain and relate technical concepts to business leaders; Additionally, the ability to transform business issues into analytical models
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Experience and proficiency working with large relational databases (Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, Postgres, etc.)
- Ability to creatively take on new challenges and work outside comfort zone
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Financial services experience
- Experience analyzing and effecting change in Operations domain
- Graduate degree in a quantitative field and/or MBA highly preferred
- Experience with querying big data stores: (Hive, Drill, Hadoop)
- Knowledge of relational database structures, principles, and practices
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, December 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018