Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Randy DeWayne Wheeler
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab’s Software Applications Engineers thrive in a leading-edge work culture while developing products that help Schwab customers learn, explore and make life-impacting moves on their paths to achieving their goals. The Wealth Management Technology team is looking for a software engineer to design/develop major enhancements to the Intelligent Portfolios suite of products and create new products that positively impact our clients and those who serve our clients. This position requires a self-motivated individual with strong problem solving skills who can contribute in a highly collaborative culture and Agile team environment. The ability to deliver innovative, secure, and reliable solutions is key to success in this role. Our Software Applications Engineers are driven to learn, grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you’ll do:
The software engineer will be part of a development team responsible for designing, developing, and testing enterprise-level applications within the Product Development and Engineering organization. This individual will build and support web applications and services. The candidate will become a key member and active participant on a highly collaborative and self-organizing agile scrum team.
We're looking for someone passionate about searching out, pioneering, and evangelizing new and emerging technologies in order to build exceptional software solutions. Consideration for high quality software implementation, delivery, and maintenance is a must. Initiative should be taken when opportunities arise to influence and/or improve the efficiency of the SDLC process. The role will require a high level of responsibility yet has a support structure necessary for development growth.
- Analyze, design, develop, debug, configure and modify software systems and/or new products used in local, cloud, networked, mobile or Internet-related technology. Code may be used in commercial and/or end-user applications.
- Leverage current and evolving technologies to design, code, test, log, debug, document, and analyze current and future applications, all with the goals of Maintainability, Security, Availability, and Scalability.
- Interact with users and/or stakeholders to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
- Lead cooperative efforts among members of project teams.
- Act as a mentor to junior staff members.
What you have:
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Master of Computer Science
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in enterprise web application development.
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in object oriented languages such as C# (.NET or Core) or Java
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in software engineering principles, practices, and software design patterns.
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in Microsoft technologies such as .NET
- 7+ years demonstrated real world experience in database principles, such as SQL, Oracle, MongoDB or Hadoop.
- Deep Experience in RESTful service design and implementation.
- Experience mentoring and guiding developers.
- Experience translating requirements into technical design
- Experience in technical review and governance activities
- Experience leveraging Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment and DevOps principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Hunger to learn and an intense technical curiosity
- Critical thinker and solutions-oriented
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Desire to learn new technologies
- Tenacity and persistence
- Yearning to leverage technology to build products that "wow" users
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018