Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Retirement Plan Services (RPS) organization is responsible for managing the retirement accounts for millions of participants across thousands of client partners. This opportunity within the RPS Technology organization will provide technical leadership in software engineering for the flagship client portal, www.schwabplan.com.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a motivated senior software application engineer to join our web application development team. This individual should have a passion for delivering modern user experiences using the latest in web application frameworks and design concepts. This person should possess a record of driving strong patterns and practices and be able to mentor other developers on the team. Specifically, these are some of the responsibilities for this senior position:
- Lead team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization’s software products to QA, and ultimately to production
- Provide technical direction and mentoring for the team in driving the adoption of appropriate patterns and practices within the software development lifecycle
- Conduct frequent code reviews of other team members’ work to ensure coding practices and policies are followed properly
- Manage day-to-day technical activities and evangelize with team members to follow and support agile software development practices
- Work with product owners and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks during sprint planning ceremonies
- Work closely with software architects in order to develop and implement complex solutions and adopt design methodologies
- Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
- Manage the automated build and deployment process within a continuous integration / continuous deployment framework
- Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
- Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
What you have:
You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies. As a senior developer you will leverage primarily Microsoft .Net and Angular technologies to deliver a world-class customer experience. The following qualifications are sought for this key technical position:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- 6+ Years of Web Software Development Experience in the .NET framework
- 3+ Years of Web API Development Experience within the ASP.NET framework
- 2+ Years of Experience with Angular 2/4 using TypeScript
- Proficiency with developing and troubleshooting SCSS/CSS
- Expertise with the Visual Studio IDE.
- Experience in Operating Jenkins, Bamboo, or other Automated Build and Deployment Tools
- Knowledge of Model-View-View-Model (MVVM) Patterns
- Experience operating within an Agile/Scrum team.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Conceptual understanding and/or working knowledge of Web Content Management Systems are a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Friday, December 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, March 2, 2018