Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are seeking a Staff Network Engineer in the Reliability Engineering team within the Telecom Services organization. The Network Engineer will be a key technical member of a diversified team of network engineering professionals responsible for optimizing processes and maintenances by using software.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for skilled engineers with disciplines that incorporate aspects of software engineering and operations. We are combining these skills come up with better ways of managing and operating the network.
- Identify opportunities to build innovative tools and solve unique operations problems on a large scale network
- • Create scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporate the solutions into network infrastructure
- • Triage alerts & diagnose/resolve critical issues Manage implementation of changes
- • Coordinate capacity planning & OS deployment
- • Participate in on-call rotation.
What you have:
- A solid background in software engineering & development.
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Perl or Ruby is required. Knowledge & experience with Linux/Apache.
- Experience with system monitoring and alerting for availability, reliability and performance.
- Extensive knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network architecture along with the ability to solve operational related challenges through automation is required.
- Advanced trouble shooting skills on layer 1 – 7 on the OSI model is required.
- Proficiency in Java, Python, Perl or Ruby.
- 5+ years in SRE/systems engineering is preferred.
- 3+ years using Linux, certification (LPIC-2, LFCE, RHCE) preferred.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or relevant Technical Major.
Specific actions & goals Life Cycling: Progressive platform, model & OS updates to ensure innovative capabilities and support assurance L2 Break/Fix: Infrastructure restoration through self-healing solutions, driving each to closure Stabilization: Prevention of new & known issues from occurring & reoccurring Vulnerability Identification: Document exposures & construct software based solutions Capacity Planning & Scaling: Create an infrastructure that permits dynamic growth or reduction Tactical Automation: Proactively drive autonomy to create pre-emptive tools & solutions Alarm Accountability: Active ownership & response to all notifications.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Friday, December 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, March 2, 2018