We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
You will be joining us as a Technical Director focused on Risk Analytics. We are looking for a curious person with excellent technical skills, leadership and communication to guide the team through the creation of a risk analytics program.
What you’ll do:
The individual in this position will:
- Provide leadership in the execution of analytics, metrics, risk management, and systems implementation activities.
- Own responsibility for leading multiple concurrent risk analytics projects and driving execution of those programs to facilitate the identification, assessment, escalation, and mitigation of risk to ensure the continuous evaluation and improvement the risk and control environment.
- Assist management with the development and documentation of new program.
- Proactively reach out to IT Management, Information Security Risk Management, Business Management, and Operational Risk Management and the larger community to offer support and assistance in risk analytics to ensure an open, adequate and effective risk management culture.
- Identify relevant regulatory updates to coordinate with the IT business units, management committees, and leadership teams.
- Research and analyze compliance trends and industry benchmarking to prepare for and monitor upstream risk analytics issues.
- Proactively identify areas requiring attention or strengthening and work collaboratively with other STS disciplines to implement improvements in line with corporate standards, applicable regulations, and/or best practice frameworks.
- Lead mapping activities for to Industry risk and controls and through interview with management to determine that all relevant metrics have been identified and documented.
- Provide risk management and analytics consulting services and subject matter expertise as a participant on STS improvement initiatives or in response to ad hoc requests.
- Manage the process of assessing critical risk and controls identified by management that could impact IT operations and developing means of measurement for controls.
- Creatively solve unfamiliar challenges, use personal integrity, and sound judgment, while maintaining strict confidentiality when needed, always with a strong sense of the business.
- Supervise production of clear and concise risk analytics, metrics and reporting and support ad hoc management report requests.
- Supervise the development, refinement, and execution of various TRAC processes.
Foster communication by:
- Developing and maintaining relationships with a broad network within STS and the Business
- Provide support to management, as necessary, during the prioritization process for analytics, reporting and risk management activities.
- Participate in industry-related forums and training activities to stay current with risk and control management practices.
- Assist in managing a team of professionals providing IT Risk and analytics services across STS business units.
Engage and Develop Colleagues by:
- Mentoring team members.
- Work with team members to ensure that they are properly engaged and positioned to enable the supported business fulfill its strategic goals as well as maintain industry best practices.
- Support the development and advancement of team members and assist in the recruitment of risk analytics colleagues.
- Improve employee engagement by advancing teamwork, transparency, and accountability.
What you have:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of IT and/or Information Security experience in large, highly-regulated organizations.
- 5+ years of IT security experience, in security risk and compliance assessments for applications, infrastructure, and vendor / third parties, review of technical security
- Exhibit strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
- A depth of knowledge of IT and IS Risk frameworks and methodologies such as COBIT, ISO 27005, ISO 27001/27002, and/or NIST 800-53.
- Project management skills, with a track record of execution across multiple functions.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including being able to synthesize data, develop recommendations, and influence and persuade partners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to identify opportunities and execute to meet strategic objectives.
- Mature understanding of information security “best practices” including principles, security protocols and standards.
- Strong critical thinking skills; ability to quickly comprehend problems, develop hypotheses, draw logical conclusions, develop solutions, and respond accordingly.
- Proven history of being a self-starter: proactively identifying problems, determining pragmatic solutions, identifying and obtaining needed resources, and executing with little or no supervision
- Advanced Information Security certification (CISSP, CTPRP or equivalent is preferred, but CISM, CEH, or similar certifications are also useful)
- Experience with risk analytics methodologies such as FAIR
The following qualifications are strongly preferred:
- Financial Services experience
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018