Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Amy Elizabeth Munson
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Work with a company that has been challenging the conventions of the financial services industry for over 40 years through an internship with Charles Schwab. Schwab’s mission is to help our clients create a better future for themselves, their families, and their communities. It is summed up in our tagline – Own your tomorrow – and it permeates everything we do.
Schwab Intern Academy is our centrally managed summer internship program that recruits juniors and rising seniors within a year of graduation. As an affirmative action employer, Schwab takes affirmative action to employ qualified minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans in our intern program. As a culture that values Diversity and Inclusion, Schwab encourages the application of Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The design of the program invites interns to engage directly in Schwab’s culture of service, while challenging them with a blend of learning programs, team-building activities, networking opportunities, and enriching work projects. Features of our 2018 program include:
- Business Track Project: Work with a Schwab organization that provides a meaningful and valuable experience to translate classroom learning into real business projects.
- Intern Cohort Project: Partner with other interns to brainstorm, discuss learning experiences, and present solutions.
- Learning Activities: Participate in facilitated classroom training, team discussions and events, individual assessments and activities, senior leader meetings, and on-the-job training.
- Feedback Loop: Receive regular feedback from your manager, participate in career-related discussions, and provide your own feedback.
- Strengths Application: Learn about yourself and how to apply your unique strengths, abilities, and goals to the work you do as part of Schwab’s ‘strengths-based’ culture.
- Networking: Gain support by interacting with professionals across Schwab, including senior leaders, peers, and Schwab Intern Academy Alumni.
We look for students with:
- Optimism and curiosity, who are inspired by a keen sense of purpose, awareness, and knowledge
- Adaptability and flexibility, who enjoy working through cross-functional partnerships and collaboration to achieve a common purpose
- An innovative and questioning mindset, who constantly look for better ways to do things, have a passion for service, and aim to exceed client expectations
Because interns are considered a primary pipeline for full-time opportunities, every intern candidate must be eligible for full-time employment upon graduation and must also meet the following requirements:
- Enrolled in a current undergraduate program tracking to a bachelor’s degree
- Plan to graduate between December 2018 and May/June 2019
- Can work full time and on-site at Schwab during the 9-week program (June 11 to August 10)
- Have specific skills as needed by the hosting Business Track
Schwab is recognized as an industry leader, and our welcoming culture will embrace your individuality and partner you with other like-minded and solution-focused students. We will invest in your summer experience by providing you direction and leadership for a robust and well-rounded internship, as well as helping you focus on a potential future career with Schwab.
Please Note: The 2018 Schwab Intern Academy features multiple job opportunities. We encourage you to apply for all positions for which you are qualified and interested. Regardless of which opportunity you pursue, we will provide you with a consistent and unique experience – one you won’t soon forget!
Global Data Solutions Intern
Global Data Solutions’ goal is to maximize data for competitive edge. Our group’s vision is to infuse a data-driven culture across all of Schwab so that our data will be trusted and integrated, and we can all make better business decisions and improve client experience. Increasingly, data permeates all our work and we are dedicated to fostering a company-wide data culture that will facilitate proper data governance, collaborative data management, and increased speed to insight. We focus on improving data infrastructure, creating innovative shared data solutions and empowering and educating. To support this charter we have four core initiatives:
- Information Layer is a common repository for data sets used in the majority of analyses. This shared repository increases consistency and efficiency.
- Analytics Architecture is a modern analytics infrastructure for improved access to expanded data with new tools that accelerate speed to insight/operations. This infrastructure includes the Big Data Environment and its ecosystem of tools.
- Integrated Client View will offer a single view of the customer across the enterprise by creating a single consolidated source for enterprise-wide client data. This enables Schwab to link critical customer data across the firm in an application which is highly governed and then share that information broadly to support consistent interactions with our customers.
- Data Governance helps ensure that we have trusted data with easier data access and unambiguous definitions supported by accountable data owners and new enterprise wide tools.
The intern will have the opportunity to work with partners and delivery organizations involved in the one or more of the core four initiatives.
- You will spend time researching technologies and tools that support building data solutions at Schwab
- You may work with an engineering counterpart to define data solution release requirements.
What you have
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal);
- Self-starter with outstanding organizational skills.
- Effective relationship builder--ability to partner cross-functionally, cross-enterprise and work effectively with various levels of the organization as well as various personality types.
- General programming experience and understanding of databases and reporting
- Knowledge of SQL to query databases and experience with data analysis
What you will learn
- You will gain a unique business and technology perspective on what it takes to drive data management practices that enable access to trusted and integrated data.
- You will learn how to use data to analyze and understand highly complex business problems that are part of operating in the financial industry.
- You will be exposed to enterprise class database, business intelligence, and data governance tools supporting Schwab’s internal users.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, November 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 23, 2017