San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Valerie Denise Yrigolla
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Cash products represent a strong growth opportunity for Schwab and also represent a very substantial portion of the firm’s revenue and profitability today. Consequently, individuals in this role have the opportunity to gain exposure and develop strong reputations with senior leaders across the firm. This role is also unique in that it offers the opportunity to work on projects that have a firm-wide impact while at the same time building in-depth functional skills in product management and industry knowledge in both the banking and brokerage industries.
What you’ll do:
The Sweep Cash Products team has direct product management responsibility for the Bank Sweep feature, the Schwab One Interest feature, and the sweep functionality associated with the firm’s affiliated sweep money market funds. This role includes ensuring that these products are meeting client needs, are functioning appropriately, and are in compliance with applicable regulations. The team is also responsible for staying abreast of competitor offerings and working with a broad set of cross-functional partners across the firm to develop new cash products or enhance existing products to deepen client relationships and to drive company revenue and profitability.
The Senior Manager of Sweep Cash Products reports to the Senior Team Manager of Sweep Cash Products.
What you have:
The person in this role should be a self-starter with a well-rounded set of skills including:
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, including the ability to clearly define a problem and to synthesize data to drive to fact-based insights and develop compelling business cases
- Strong client orientation with proven experience leading development and execution of new products or enhancements to existing products to meet client needs and drive firm growth and profitability
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to develop compelling presentations
- Proven ability to manage complex projects, lead cross-functional teams, and build consensus in a highly matrixed organization
- A bias for action and the ability to overcome obstacles and successfully execute on multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience in product development and product management is a plus
- Familiarity with brokerage and cash management products is a plus
- Experience with or aptitude for cash product technology/architecture is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required, MBA desired; 6+ years of relevant work experience
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-2-5 yrs, Product Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 29, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018