Lone Tree - CO, DENR1, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Lee Ann Leonhart
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Reporting to VP for Investor Services (IS) Sales & Service Enablement, the Vice President, Initiative Engagement will provide advocacy, resources and support to enable client-facing employees to deliver effectively on the Schwab IS relationship, sales, and service model. The position provides strategic leadership for the execution of the Schwab Investor Services strategy across the entire retail delivery channel. Additional responsibilities include:
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate big-picture vision and strategy, and deliver results through practical, disciplined execution.
- Motivate and inspire others by aligning organizational, team and individual goals with the Investor Services business strategy.
- Promote and support a collaborative culture while navigating the environmental dynamics of a matrixed organization.
- Lead a collection of initiatives from start to finish, including sustainment, guiding a team of engagement managers, partnering with initiative sponsors and key stakeholders.
- Drive innovation related to internal content management systems and field communications; critical to the day-to-day operations of the business, especially during crisis management situations.
- Develop talent and compose a team that is focused on advocating for client-facing channels in their pursuit of exceptional service and relationships.
- Strategically analyze initiatives and issues to identify straight forward solutions to complex business problems.
- Contribute to financial results through disciplined project management and process improvement that will increase revenue growth, profit margin, earnings growth, and return on equity.
- Create an environment to enhance employee engagement; actively listening to and acting upon the voice of the field.
- Understanding our client orientation and how external forces impact clients, competitors, employees, and the industry.
- A Minimum 10 years leadership experience in a service, operations or sales capacity or consulting experience in end-to-end project management
- Recent or extensive experience leading or consulting with client-facing, front line delivery organizations; Financial Services experience a plus
- Makes sound, timely decisions in a dynamic and matrixed organization, with keen attention to procedures and regulatory requirements, and in response to client and field input to address issues and opportunities
- Strong field and client focus —an understanding of client needs and workflow, and an ability to communicate these needs to internal partners
- Results oriented leader who takes the initiative and effectively distills strategy, analytics, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through with strategic execution
- Strong detail and process orientation using metrics to measure productivity and progress; exceptional analytic and problem solving skills
- Courageous leader who develops followership and builds high performing, diverse, cross functional teams of both direct and indirect members rallied around the strategy
- Experienced at developing talent for the firm, adept at providing balanced, direct and actionable feedback to employees
- Experience managing multiple priorities and overseeing distinct teams with varied strengths
- Holds self and others accountable to the highest standards of teamwork, collaboration and production
- A passion for talent development including initiatives supporting acquisition efforts of top talent
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence
- Navigates and activates alignment across organizational boundaries
- Thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong relationships inside and outside the organization; highly collaborative with an ability to influence, engage and build consensus with executives, peers and front line employees
- Exceptionally client focused; able to effectively and quickly build relationships and establish trust, respect, competence and confidence
- Proven oral and written communication skills, including experience developing and delivering presentations to senior management and large audiences
- Series 7, 66 obtained within 180 days of hire
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 29, 2017