We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are seeking an experienced Automation Test Engineer in our IT Department. This role is for an Automation Test Engineer who will collaboratively design, develop and maintain an automated test framework and test suites for web sites, web applications, desktop applications and services. You will be working closely with the Development and QA teams and will be able to drive and shape how the test framework and test suites evolve.
This person may have direct involvement in manual or automated test efforts or in developing and managing standards for process or product quality. We foster a collaborative environment where people love to exchange ideas and best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Designing, implementing and maintaining automation test framework and test suites based on group guidelines and priorities, and regularly communicating status to all development and QA teams involved.
- Perform moderately complex functional, application, regression, and performance tests.
- Continuously improve test scripts and product coverage.
- Regular interaction with development leads to ensure that the automation test framework can interact and support a continuous integration development environment.
- Write automation design documents and operational guides, and also assisting in the development/implementation of Test Plans/Procedures as required to support automation activities.
- Help in identifying new approaches to automation and identifying new tools that can help automate manual tests.
- API testing (ability to understand API definitions and design tests to cover the functionality)
- Provide metrics and results from all testing efforts that will support business decisions related to the quality of the Software.
- Design, implement, and maintain the automation infrastructure that can be leveraged by other staff within an agile work environment.
- Deliver high quality products on time while working in Agile Teams and following Agile methodologies.
- Provide training and leadership to less senior staff.
What you have:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related discipline or relevant work experience.
- Experience in software development or QA automation.
- Experience in test automation using a testing framework (e.g. Selenium, coded UI)
- Hands on experience with Microsoft Coded UI is must
- Excellent knowledge in C# and Microsoft.NET technologies.
- Solid understanding of object oriented concepts and principals.
- Experience with unit testing, business layer testing and system integration testing.
- Experience in testing large scale complex enterprise level application leveraging web technologies.
- Experience testing web services (REST and SOAP).
- Experience in writing Test Cases, Test Plans, and Test Scripts
- Experience with full software development life cycle, testing methodologies, version control systems, and quality assurance
- Ability to write queries in SQL including table joins.
- Experience with Performance testing is a plus
- Experience with Agile engineering methodologies a plus.
- Financial experience is a plus
- Demonstrable problem solving and analytical skills.
- Strong verbal, written and presentation communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||IL - Chicago
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018