San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab’s Corporate Development group is seeking a Sr Analyst to support all the M&A and strategic investments effort at Schwab. Sr Analysts are responsible for creating and/or overseeing detailed valuation models; preparing presentations which outline the strategic rationale for acquisitions, divestitures, and investments; coordinating and administering Schwab due diligence and reverse due diligence efforts; and tracking and reporting of Schwab's acquisitions and strategic investments. In a typical acquisition transaction this person will also work with appropriate business unit management and finance representatives to agree upon valuation assumptions and finalize financial targets. The Sr Analyst will also be involved in some strategic work and /or landscape studies.
What you’ll do:
- Interface with senior enterprise leadership to ascertain strategic goals
- Negotiate NDA and other agreements with counterparties
- Prepare and/or oversee the preparation of detailed valuation models
- Prepare presentations which outline the strategic rationale for transactions
- Coordinate and administer Schwab due diligence and reverse due diligence efforts
- Coordinate communications among project team, senior Schwab management, external advisors and counterparties
- Work with the business enterprises, functional areas (e.g. Legal, Technology, Operations, Intellectual Property, Human Resources) and other areas of Finance
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree with 2-4 years of work experience in investment banking or corporate development (M&A). Will also consider work experience in finance or strategy consulting
- Prior experience with M&A transactions strongly preferred
- Prior experience in financial services preferred
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving, research capabilities, and attention to detail
- Superior communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as the ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored to specific audiences
- Strong and demonstrated teaming skills, especially in cross-functional teams
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Investment Research-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Thursday, December 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 3, 2018