We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Shared Infrastructure Services & Solutions (SISS) in Schwab Technology Infrastructure Services (TIS) seeks a professional self-starter with proven project coordination skills. The successful candidate will be a core part of the SISS team, and therefore have excellent communication, organization, and relational skills. Experience supporting multiple projects and/or project managers is essential. This position will work across Schwab Technology Services (STS), reporting to the TIS Project Management Office.
What you’ll do:
- Independently manage small/medium sized projects or coordination efforts.
- Assist with project responsibilities under the leadership of multiple project managers.
- Track resource allocations and actuals.
- Assist with the creation of presentations to project/program leadership.
- Manage project documentation and reporting in SharePoint, Clarity, Remedy, or other tools as needed.
- Facilitate meetings, publish meeting agendas, take meeting minutes, track risks and issues.
- Assist with the tracking of business and technical deliverables and keep all project documentation plan up to date.
- Work closely with business partners and internal customers to coordinate medium/large deployments.
What you have:
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage a large number of tasks at once.
- Able to work independently, seeking guidance at appropriate times.
- Detail oriented and able to track/maintain large amounts of project data.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, influencing, and prioritization skills.
- Knowledge of MS Office 2010 (PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook) plus MS Project 2010.
- In addition, ideal candidates will also have the following desired qualifications:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint, Visio.
- Background experience in financial services or technology industry.
- Experience with and understanding of various project management methodologies such as Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, RUP, etc.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Disciplined: Highly disciplined in how resources are used; designs and champions ideas to drive efficiency
Collaborative: Capitalizes on the diverse experience and the expertise of colleagues and builds commitment around vision and priorities
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Relationship Oriented: Builds trusted relationships with colleagues around the firm and across multiple levels of the organization
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018