Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology Production Operations team is responsible for defining strategic direction for release and configuration management tools for the organization; driving towards CI/CD through automation and process change; building, maintaining, and coordinating configuration and release for multiple applications across the portfolio. The team is also responsible for Infrastructure, Level 2 Support of these applications. Along with leading a team, this Sr. Manager will partner with technology teams for continuous improvements and drive towards maturing the DevOps practices.
What you’ll do:
This is a people management position, leading a team of 8-10 configuration, release, and Production & Infrastructure support engineers. The position requires a strong people and project management mindset coupled with demonstrated excellence leading/guiding technical teams, affinity for leveraging tooling and automation to achieve maximum process reliability, and aptitude for partnering with related departments and stakeholders. You are a change agent who seeks and creates opportunity for continuous improvement and transforming the teams from traditional Support teams to DevOps.
- Manage and influence technology teams of all skills/roles, and partner with related departments and stakeholders
- Lead and manage technical and support teams while partnering with related departments and stakeholders to manage timelines and project deliverables
- Demonstrate excellence for DevOps maturity, continuous improvements, process / culture change
- Wear multiple hats as the situation demands; you may potentially act as Release Manager, Lead Technician, or Technical Project Manager
- Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
- Thrive in a dynamic fast paced environment with many moving parts and a large variety of responsibilities
- Listen to constructive feedback, and course-correct to track toward realization of team vision
- Align IT investments with business objectives
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related experience
- 6 - 8 years of progressive people management experience leading teams in technology of various skills and roles and multiple geographic locations, including, managing complex and critical production applications in a large data center environment
- Prior experience designing and implementing enterprise level infrastructure solutions that align with organization and corporate objectives
- Proven track record of successfully supporting production support efforts using a DevOps methodology
- Knowledge of working with Agile methodologies and partnering with Agile Development teams as operational liaison
- Ability to define deployment plans, identify deployment dependencies and define deployment timelines for releases
- Experience working with dashboard / environment health display tooling
- Ability to grasp difficult concepts, large architectures, and sophisticated designs quickly
- Experience using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Atlassian tool-set, TFS, Remedy
- Self-starter who can grasp difficult concepts and large architectures
- Strong estimation skills with ability to provide reasonable estimates
- Attention to details and able to track issues to resolution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working in financial or banking industry
- Strong innovation, creativity, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong experience facilitating issue intervention
- Ability to converse with technical SMEs on issues and requirements
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 28, 2017
Expiration Date: Monday, January 29, 2018