San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $320 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
This position will focus on supporting and coordinating the review and approval process for CSIM’s mutual fund and ETF product-related marketing and advertising collateral, investment adviser communications, and other print and electronic communications. This is an individual contributor role within CSIM Strategy and Product, reporting to the Managing Director of Business & Regulatory Communications.
What you’ll do:
You will play a key role in the communications with the public (CWTP) process, supporting various business partners by effectively directing the flow of work—from document intake, through various phases of review, to final approval.
- Coordinate and facilitate the review and approval process for multiple communications, ensuring both efficiency and compliance with department procedures
- Manage and track the status of numerous document review “projects,” coordinating traffic, communicating status, and facilitating all necessary follow-up between document owners and reviewers
- Process and prioritize “front door” submissions from internal document owners, including Marketing, Sales, Public Relations, and Product Management
- Be a subject matter expert (SME) on the department CWTP procedures, as well as Workfront software functionality to support the process
- Serve as a primary point of contact for internal and external reviewers, including Business SMEs, Legal, Compliance and Series 24 Principals
- Maintain accurate documentation on behalf of document owners to ensure timely filing and proper recordkeeping, as required by FINRA
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies and process enhancements
- Cross-train on other Business and Regulatory Communications team functions as needed. Responsibilities may vary based on department need and priorities
What you have:
- At least 5 years of relevant and proven experience, preferably in the financial services industry
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred (degree in Business or Finance a plus)
- Ability to work well under pressure; anticipate and adapt to continually changing workload priorities; and effectively manage multiple tasks
- Solid proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; experience with Workfront is a plus
- Working knowledge of FINRA and SEC advertising rules and regulations related to ETF and mutual fund communications, including FINRA Rule 2210 and SEC Rule 482, preferred
- Strong technical skills, with ability to quickly learn project management and workflow software/tools
- Highly effective planning, organization, and project management skills
- Positive attitude with excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a demonstrated ability to successfully collaborate with multiple business partners
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Communications-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, November 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018