Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM), the asset management arm of Charles Schwab Corporation, has approximately $320 Billion in assets under management (AUM) and is one of the nation’s largest retail money managers. CSIM provides a wide variety of products ranging from money market funds, index mutual funds, actively managed mutual funds, exchange traded funds and asset allocation fund-of-funds. As a provider of core investment products, CSIM is both an important enabler in fulfilling Schwab’s mission of helping everyone be financially fit and critical engine in the company’s profitability and growth.
What you’ll do:
Security Operations is looking for a highly-motivated, self-driven individual who can work productively on their own and in a team environment. It is anticipated that this role will be a blend of operations and analyst support for the Schwab Funds, particularly our money market and bond funds. Our team also performs reconciliation and data review for various inter-departmental projects.
- Establishing and maintaining entities and securities and relevant attributes within the Aladdin System
- On-going monitoring and maintenance of internal and external credit ratings, outlooks and watches
- Supporting credit and portfolio management teams with data validation, document collection, and related data entry updates and requests
- Work in collaboration with a variety of cross-functional teams to ensure that business needs and requirements are met
- Identifying and implementing operational process and productivity improvements to enhance controls and ensure data integrity
- Critical Success Factors Include: Aptitude for working with large amounts of data; Ability to work seamlessly with a variety of stakeholders; Ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment; Strong attention to detail; Works well with strict deadlines; Proactive team player willing to take on new work and responsibilities
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. Degree in Business, Economics, or related field preferred (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience within the financial services industry
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to balance competing priorities in adherence to strict timeframes and deadlines
- PC literacy with a high level of proficiency in all Microsoft Office suite applications; Strong Excel skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness
- Experience with Bloomberg and Blackrock Aladdin System preferred
To learn more about the culture at Schwab, click here to meet our people.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs, Investment Management - 2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Monday, November 27, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 20, 2018