We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
At Schwab, the Storage and Data Protection Engineering (SDPE) team is responsible for the architecture and engineering of enterprise storage and data protection solutions. We are looking for an energetic and dynamic people leader willing to drive organizational transformation, infrastructure engineering initiatives, and resource optimization efforts in accordance with the strategy for the broader technology organization.
What you’ll do:
As a manager, you will be responsible for leading a technology team of enterprise storage engineers and managing daily activities and resource allocation in support of business demand and strategic technical direction. You will engage primarily with direct and indirect reports and business partners, including application developers, technical analysts, architects, project managers, and technical leaders at various levels.
What you have:
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Computer Science/Information Systems or Engineering
- 7+ years of people management experience with at least 5 direct reports
- 5+ years of experience working with enterprise storage and backup and recovery technology
- 3+ years of experience with running complex infrastructure projects with multiple dependencies
- Broad and deep knowledge of modern enterprise technology and trends including virtualization, Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), and cloud storage
- Ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels
- Must have a collaborative, cooperative and motivational approach to leadership
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Experience in ROI and Business Case development
- Experience in Financial Services a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018