We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are recruiting to hire a results-oriented and talented technologist with a strong track record of technology-enabled business delivery. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We have begun a multi-year project to implement an Enterprise Risk Engine using the ACTimize integrated fraud management suite of applications. We are looking for a talented technologist to lead, collaborate and influence the design and implementation of a solution that will enhance our capability to manage fraud attempts for our move money transactions. We are in the process of rapidly modernizing many of our applications and infrastructure and are looking for a change agent who will thrive in leading, influencing, challenging the status quo and, inspiring and collaborating with a team of highly motivated and talented technicians in meeting our business driven technology objectives.
What you’ll do:
As a Technical Director for this project you will play a critical role in providing strategic and architectural guidance, in addition to influencing the development and realization of a technology vision for the Enterprise Risk Engine. As a distributed architect you will be expected to:
- Lead the design and architecture of the Enterprise Risk Engine that will include defining a highly available environment to host the ACTimize applications and the design of the service layer that will integrate the solution with the existing eco system.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Delivery Managers, Functional Solution Architects and business teams to architect technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Collaborate with other technology architects on the integration of their applications with the ERE.
- Be a hands on technical architect who will lead the team from the front and be able to inspire thought leadership in the team.
- Influence and define processes to enable agile transformation.
- Influence Test Driven and Behavior Driven development practices and Quality Engineering.
- Publish and present architecture to technology leaders and business executives.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 10+ years of solid development experience with distributed applications.
- 5+ years of experience as an architect in building complex, highly scalable and low latency applications.
- Experience owning and operating multiple instances of a mission critical service.
- Experience with Agile development methodology and Test-Driven Development.
- Broad knowledge of software engineering: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc.
- Experience with enterprise integration including web services, messaging and streaming technologies such as SOAP, REST, Rabbit MQ.
- Experience with enterprise Java development including full life cycle.
- SQL and no-SQL experience using MSSQL, Oracle, and Mongo.
- Experience with Caching solutions such as Aerospike or Redis.
- Experience with Cloud solutions such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, AWS, Google and Azure.
- Atlassian suite, Informatica Power Center, Mainframe, .NET stack, Angular development experience a plus.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience using fraud and risk management software such as ACTimize.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct and timely feedback.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Experienced in developing high performing engineering teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the team from the front by stepping in and getting hands on with coding to drive a solution that your engineers can build upon.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, February 23, 2018