We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Integrated Client View is a multi-year effort to integrate and master client and party data across multiple domains within Charles Schwab. This position will be the Senior Services Tech Lead / Architect for the development team of web services that will be used to access our integrated data hub.
What you’ll do:
Candidate will be responsible for developing and enhancing Integrated Client View (ICV) platform’s Web Services on Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). These services act as the gateway integration and business rules tier for the platform and interact with Master Data Management (MDM) Hub and other enterprise services to provide a secure, accurate and reliable view of the client for the enterprise.
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced developer with pride of ownership reflected through clean design, code quality and a disciplined software development approach.
What you have:
Qualifications & Experience
- A university degree from a well-respected academic institution or equivalent experience; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are a plus
- Experience developing 12 Factor Apps
- At least five years’ experience participating in the software development lifecycle leveraging the latest methodologies and industry applicable technologies such as Scrum, Kanban, or similar agile practices.
- Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends (hybrid and native)
- Experience in developing middle ware applications using a variety of modern technologies: Mongo, Redis, SQL Server, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Rabbit MQ, Angular, Spring
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Deep knowledge of API (REST, SOAP), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs.
- API Security
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in cloud environments
- Proven record of delivering technology solutions within agreed upon timeframes
- Substantiated experience on supporting junior staff and helping promote a high performance work environments
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Analyst/Strategy-less than 2 yrs, Business Development and Sales-less than 2 yrs, Capital Markets-2-5 yrs, IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-less than 2 yrs, Trading-2-5 yrs, Banking-less than 2 yrs, Brokerage Operations-less than 2yrs, IT-System Administration-less than 2 yrs, IT-Software Quality Assurance (QA)-less than 2 yrs, IT-Change Management/Release Management-less than 2 yrs, IT-DBA-less than 2 yrs, Education/Training-less than 2 yrs, Product Development-less than 2 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs, Communications-less than 2 yrs, Investment Management - less than 2 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Regulatory, Risk Analysis, Compliance, Corporate Staff-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Friday, November 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018