Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $300 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
Reporting into the Managing Director, Asset Allocation Funds Product Management, the new Senior Manager will play a vital role in driving the long-term growth of CSIM’s Target Date and Target Risk products. The role, which is for an individual contributor at this time, is envisioned to evolve over three stages
- Initially, the focus will be in supporting the current Senior Managers in the product management, positioning and distribution of the Target Date products, which includes being the point person for the team in coordinating automation and other productivity enhancement initiatives
- Over-time, the new Senior Manager will likely take ownership of the Target Risk product lines, which may encompass the launch and scaling of a new series of products/services
- In parallel with the above, the new Senior Manager will support the Managing Director in strategic and business planning for both the Target Date and Target Risk product lines
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities for this position fall into three categories
Product Owner and Subject Matter Expert
- Drive the creation and maintenance of the products’ strategic positioning versus both external competitors and Schwab products/services
- Translate positioning into strategic plans and tactical actions to grow distribution in partnership with CSIM Sales. Develop product plans as needed
- Analyze the product’s AUM, flows and shareholder base for insights to help drive distribution efforts. Incorporate competitive analysis, third party research, field and client feedback to increase insights
- Identify potential causes of current asset attrition, threats to long-term growth and potential remediation actions
- Be a relentless yet balanced advocate on the assigned products to ensure appropriate attention is paid by the distribution channels, Sales and Marketing
- Central point to answer questions from the field, Sales and clients, including review of RFP/RFI materials
- Partner with Portfolio Management and Performance Reporting to understand how the funds are performing and drivers
Owner of Product Content
- Accountable for overseeing that written and electronic content accurately represent the products and maintaining the materials
- Identify content and collateral needs in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management and other key stakeholders in CSIM and Schwab.
- For the assigned products, develop the Content Road Map that layouts what product materials will be developed, when it will happen and how it ties together with CSIM Thought Leadership
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Portfolio Management and Performance in the generation of content
- As needed, author product content (e.g., PowerPoints, quarterly fund performance commentaries, data reports, sales sheets, brochures, Client and Sales talking points, etc.)
- Partner with CSIM Program Management and CS&Co Project Services for the implementation of major product initiatives
What you have:
The successful candidate will have demonstrated capabilities and capacity for future in the following areas:
- Superior relationship-building and project management skills with the ability to influence and build consensus across all levels of CSIM and the Schwab Corporation
- Skilled at operating at both the strategic and tactical levels
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task while working efficiently and independently in groups to meet tight deadlines with light supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment, with sound judgment, planning and organization skills
- Resourcefulness and tenacity to successfully work through issues by navigating/maneuvering the organization, processes and procedures
- Ability to operate with a General Manager’s mind/skill set in understanding and being fully conversant in functional areas such as Marketing, Sales, Fund Accounting and Administration, Technology, Portfolio Management, Financial Planning and Analysis, Operations, Legal, Compliance, etc.
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability in creating PowerPoint presentations and product collateral for audiences ranging from novice retail investors, sophisticated 401k plan consultants, Schwab sales forces and Schwab senior executives
- 5 years related experience in financial services product management and/or strategy, ideally in investment management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 7 required. Can be obtained within the first year of employment
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, December 31, 2017