Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Axle J Marcoline
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) is the asset management arm of the Charles Schwab Corporation, and has over $320 billion under management in mutual funds and ETFs. Products managed include a wide variety of active and indexed equity, fixed income, and asset allocation strategies, as well as money markets funds. CSIM uses a consistent and disciplined approach to investing across all our products and seeks to develop innovative new products to meet the core investing needs of our clients.
Reporting into the Managing Director, Multi-Asset Product Management, the Senior Manager will play a vital role in the long-term growth of CSIM’s Target Date and Target Risk products, which have over $22B assets under management. The role, which is for an individual contributor at this time, is envisioned to evolve over two stages:
- Initially, the focus will be in supporting the two current Senior Managers in the product management and sales support for the Target Date products, which includes being the point person for the team in CSIM productivity enhancement initiatives.
- Over-time, the new Senior Manager will take ownership of a product line in either the Target Risk or Target Date areas. This could encompass the launch and scaling of a new series of products.
- In parallel with the above, the new Senior Manager will support the Managing Director in strategic and business planning for both the Target Date and Target Risk product lines.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities for this position fall into three categories:
Product Owner and Subject Matter Expert
- Drive the creation, maintenance and enhancement of the products’ strategic positioning versus both external competitors and Schwab products
- Translate positioning into strategic plans and tactical actions to grow distribution in partnership with CSIM Sales, CSIM Marketing and Portfolio Management
- Partnering with Product Strategy & Development on determining major enhancements to the products, including services that might be attached to the products
- Analyze the AUM, flows and shareholder base for insights to drive distribution efforts. Incorporate third party research, field and client feedback to enhance insights
- Identify potential causes of attrition and threats to long-term growth. Develop potential actions to counter negative trends
- Partner with Portfolio Management, Client Portfolio Strategists and Performance Reporting to understand the underlying drivers of over/under performance, and determine potential strategic and tactical opportunities for marketing messages
- Be a relentless yet balanced advocate on the assigned products
Owner of Product Content
- Accountable for overseeing that content accurately represent the products and maintaining the materials, which includes driving or participating in the content generation, approval and quality control processes as well as contributing to RFPs
- Identify content needs and develop pieces in partnership with Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management and other key stakeholders within CSIM and Schwab. Content could range from: evergreen product profiles, quick responses to market events, sales pitch PowerPoints, FAQs, talking points for Sales, quarterly fund performance commentaries, data reports, sales sheets, sales ideas, brochures, etc.
- Responsible for partnering with publishing teams on how to enhance the web experience for the products on both CSIM and CS & Co websites
- Partner with CSIM Program Management and CS&Co Project Services for the implementation of major product initiatives
- Driving implementation of projects with teams as diverse as Fund Accounting and Administration, Technology, Brokerage Operations, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Compliance, Portfolio Management, Sales, Client Experience and Schwab call center teams
What you have:
Range and versatility will be the key determinants of success in the role. During the course of a typical day, the product manager will likely have multiple projects that cut across many of the responsibilities listed above. As such, the successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to operate with a General Manager’s skill set and can be both a mile wide and a mile deep on many topics.
Specifically, the candidate will have demonstrated capabilities and shown capacity for growth in the following areas:
- Superior relationship-building and project management skills with the ability to influence and build consensus across all levels of CSIM and the Schwab Corporation
- Skilled at simultaneously operating at both the strategic and tactical levels
- High attention to detail with the ability to multi-task while working efficiently and independently in groups to meet tight deadlines with light supervision
- Ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex, dynamic environment, with sound judgment, planning and organization skills
- Resourcefulness and tenacity to successfully work through issues by navigating / maneuvering the organization, processes and procedures
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability in creating PowerPoint presentations and product collateral for audiences ranging from novice retail investors, sophisticated 401k plan consultants, Schwab sales forces and Schwab senior executives
- 8+ years related experience in financial services product management and/or strategy, ideally in investment management
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Series 7 required. Can be obtained within the first year of employment
- A big plus: Experience working with Turnkey Asset Management Providers, Independent Broker/Dealers and Exchange Traded Funds
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Investment Management - 6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Category:Investment Management & Research
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018