We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Enterprise Middleware & Online Security Technology (EMOST) provide Security and Integration platforms. We are looking for a developer who will excel in dynamic team, fast-paced and agile environment, specializing in authentication services development. Ideal candidate is a highly driven engineer who is passionate about developing security software.
What you’ll do:
- We are looking for a motivated junior developer to join our middleware applications development team.
- As a member of the development team you will participate in the design and implementation of authentication functions for Security Solutions.
- You will also participate in various software engineering projects using advanced development patterns and component-based architecture.
- You must actively collaborate with the team in ongoing product development, including design, development, review, integration, test, and deployment activities.
- You must have the ability to be self-directed and able to work with an extended, distributed team to deliver products in a timely manner.
- Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced development environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
What you have:
You should possess a keen desire and passion to produce usable and scalable software using advanced development technologies. As a developer you will designing and deploying enterprise class JAVA components.
The following qualifications are sought for this key technical position:
- Coursework and/or experience developing software in the Java enterprise framework.
- Development experience, or education, with the Visual Studio IDE Knowledge of Model-View-Controller (MVC) architecture (and the emerging MVVM)
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum development is preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Recent and upcoming graduates with a computer science or related background are also invited to apply for this position.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||No Work Experience
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, February 16, 2018