Indianapolis - IN, INDYC, 8332 Woodfield Crossing Blvd, 46240-2482
Brett Jeffery Henninger
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Client Service & Support (CS&S) is the primary service and trading arm for Schwab Investor Services. CS&S provides service to our retail clients to fulfill our purpose of championing every clients goals with passion and integrity. The vision for CS&S is being engaged financial service professionals who inspire client loyalty by providing guidance and solutions to fulfill clients' needs. With a focus on employee development and collaboration, we help clients and employees reach their goals. CS&S builds loyalty with clients and employees one interaction at a time.
What you’ll do:
As a Managing Director in Investor Services at Charles Schwab, you will provide leadership, people management and general oversight for Client Service & Support teams. With direct leadership of 5 - 7 managers with total oversight of approximately 50 - 75 employees.
You will pursue our mission and values by:
- Working collaboratively with other CS&S Managing Directors and leadership across the network to deepen client relationships and drive business results.
- Developing CS&S Team Managers to help them become effective in leading their teams and coaching representatives to provide a superior client service experience, strengthen the relationships between Schwab and the client, and act as a mentor in career and professional development.
- Providing global and tactical direction to service strategy initiatives, sharing vision and scope and working effectively across functional boundaries.
- Continually evaluating the operating environment to identify opportunities for innovation, or improvement to business processes.
- Leading change as we adjust and evolve.
- Representing Schwab Investor Services to internal and external clients.
- Conducting extensive interaction with employees at all levels to identify issues and opportunities.
What you have:
- Active FINRA Series 7, 9, 10 & 63 licenses (licenses may be obtained within 180 days of hire under a condition of employment)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Thorough knowledge of brokerage/financial services industry with minimum five years prior industry experience preferred, including service delivery and business development.
- At least five years supervisory/management experience required with demonstrated ability to develop leadership and management skills in coaching and developing people at all performance levels via established performance objectives, regular feedback, and appropriate recognition (required), with prior senior leadership level experience preferred
- Experience leading large groups of employees
- Demonstrated passion for providing client-centric solutions
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to influence, build consensus and integrate complex information
- Proven presentation skills and experience working collaboratively, improving productivity, and implementing ideas
- High-level expertise in multiple job processes and extensive knowledge of related regulatory requirements
The successful candidate must be fully committed to serving the needs of clients, employees, and shareholders. In addition, the individual must possess strong conceptual, planning, organizational, and communication skills and be effective at establishing and obtaining commitment to business goals, while constructively motivating the team and implementing strategies to achieve superior business results, including quality and productivity. The candidate must demonstrate exceptional analytical ability for gathering and interpreting complex data. Additionally, the ideal candidate will have proven experience working collaboratively with various groups with potentially disparate objectives. Strong knowledge and demonstrated success with staffing, capacity planning, and traffic management are necessary for sustained success.
In addition to base salary, Directors may take advantage of Schwab’s extensive benefits program and also have the opportunity to earn a bonus which rewards team goals, client satisfaction, client retention, and profitable company growth. Schwab employees also have the opportunity to take part in community service projects and other company events.
If you want to work with a financial services firm that values integrity, open communication, perseverance and a relentless focus on helping clients achieve their life goals, consider a career at Charles Schwab.
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. All applications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status (disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, active duty wartime or campaign badge veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans), or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Trading-6+ yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs, Administrative Support-6+ yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||IN - Indianapolis
Category:Brokerage Operations & Trading
Activation Date: Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Expiration Date: Wednesday, March 14, 2018