Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Kyle David Livingstone
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Intraday Team is part of our Interaction Strategy & Support Organization (IS&S). Our mission is to enhance the client experience and achieve service level goals through real time monitoring. We ensure a seamless phone experience and efficient call handling by analyzing trends, managing resources and mitigating the impact of events.
What you’ll do:
Members of this team are responsible for developing business agreements and actions to assist with intraday call volumes and staff management that leverage our bias towards action when both excess capacity and/or shortfalls are present. Intraday plays the role of decision support, by bridging the gap between call center dynamics and numeric forecasts to practical realities of running the business. This team will regularly interact as the primary point of contact as it relates to near-term staffing decisions for business leaders at various levels of management within and outside of the IS&S organization.
The job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Monitoring our telephony network and phone team staff levels real-time
- Managing and optimizing off phone activities through real-time and near term actions
- Executing quick routing and quota table changes
- Partnering with leadership to return representatives to the phones, rescheduling preplanned development efforts for a later time, or scheduling development efforts between various business leaders and our front line representatives to leverage periods of time where excess staffing is forecasted and/or occurring
- Leveraging partnerships across multiple areas to implement according to plan, and to escalate or course-correct any deviations from the plan
- Recognizing gaps and opportunities, framing the situation in clear language, and providing viable options with related implications in a timely and compelling manner
- Balancing consistency in our client service levels with the growth and development needs of our client facing representatives
Understanding call routing concepts and how they impact staffing realities, in addition to being able to clearly communicate deviations from our plans is a plus for this role. The ability to interpret staff requirements and leverage this data to take swift actions that close the gap between forecasted staffing needs and actual needs is pivotal to the role.
What you have:
The successful candidate must possess the following skills:
- A strong understanding of call center dynamics and the major inputs of forecasting requirements and development in a skills-based routing environment
- Previous contact center workforce management experience – with an understanding of call routing concepts and how they impact staffing requirements
- Proven experience creating effective development strategies and then quickly executing upon them
- Must be able to apply mathematical concepts and analysis to solve complex problems and develop workable solutions
- Must have the ability to articulate analytical arguments, staffing impacts and development planning methodologies to senior level management
- Advanced proficiency in Excel is required and some exposure to database management is preferred
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work effectively as part of a team to solve complex organizational problems
- Self-starter who can work independently and manage several projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- The Intraday Team supports a 24 hour a day, 7 days a week call center; therefore, we require someone who can adjust hours week by week as needed to help cover time off for team members across these hours
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Administrative Support-2-5 yrs, Analyst/Strategy-2-5 yrs, Communications-2-5 yrs, Corporate Staff-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Human Resources-2-5 yrs, Corporate Staff-less than 2 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake, IN - Indianapolis
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 15, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, December 30, 2017