Austin - TX, AUSTINB, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
Christal Lynn Fortunato
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Retirement Business Services (RBS), a division within Advisor Services, provides trust, custody, trading, and technical services through the Business Trust Division of Charles Schwab Bank. Cash Operations’ goal is to meet the needs of RBS by providing superior client service as it relates to the processing of incoming and outgoing cash activity and all associated regulatory reporting. Specifically, the Fee Billing & Fee Disclosure Reporting Team is responsible for creating quarterly and off-cycle invoices and collecting payments for each invoice. Additionally, provides timely reporting on fees paid by our clients as it pertains to regulatory code 408b2 and 5500 Schedule C reporting. As an Operations unit with a direct impact to clients, the goal for the group is to deliver total quality.
What you’ll do:
This position will be responsible for responding to various departments’ questions on the invoicing and collection processes, setting up new accounts within the billing system, loading data from other teams into the billing system, reviewing quarterly invoices prior to generation, making fee schedule updates to accounts, processing and reconciling payments within multiple systems, and executing account maintenance requests.
This position will also be responsible for reviewing and producing regulatory fee disclosure reports. These reports represent all fees charged, collected, and estimated (for prospective clients) by The Trust Division of Charles Schwab Bank. Specifically, the individual in this position will be responsible for new account setup and existing account maintenance in the 408b2 and SFD 5500 reporting systems. Inputs are taken from a broad spectrum of internal systems and various reports. There will also be a level of responsibility for reconciling these activities to ensure total quality. This position is challenging due to the voluminous nature of the data layered in with pricing exceptions and the ability to manage and monitor multiple data changes.
Since this team is involved with the onboarding of new plans, this individual will need to be flexible and quick to respond to production issues and changes. This individual will also be responsible for providing process improvement ideas with the focus on innovation and efficiency. Internally, the individual will be responsible for delivering management level reporting, maintaining policies/procedures and spearheading projects to enhance the unit.
What you have:
- High level of attention to detail and ability to work under pressure is required as errors and omissions can have regulatory risk
- Ability to comply with department deadlines
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple processes
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly
- Strong time management skills with ability to coordinate schedule and coverage with other team member to ensure processes are sufficiently covered
- Ability to work and learn in a high volume, fast paced, team oriented environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Adobe Acrobat and Microsoft Access
- Advanced excel is a plus
- Retirement or investment industry experience is a plus, although not required
- Thirst for growth and continual learning and development
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Retirement Services-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Banking-6+ yrs, Brokerage Operations-6+ yrs, Retirement Services-6+ yrs, Banking-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-6+ yrs, Customer Service-6+ yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, November 23, 2017