We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is responsible for assuring the rapid and safe introduction of change into the Schwab’s technology environments by overseeing process and procedures. Change Management is a key function within Technology Infrastructure Services. Our vision is to utilize best practices to transform Change Management into a highly agile organization that provides superior customer service, seizes growth opportunities and reacts to the demands of regulators and competitive pressures. This role is perfect for an individual from any background who is detail oriented, loves processes and procedures and enjoys interaction with their team and varied business partners. If you enjoy being an integral part of the big picture, but can dive into the details, this is the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Perform administrative tasks associated with reviewing and approving change activity, identifying change conflicts, analyzing change trends and analyzing problems caused by change. These tasks would include:
- Coordinate with STS cross-functional teams to execute the Change Management processes including review, assess and approve change activity.
- Interface with all levels of the organization to communicate conflict and potential risk.
- Work collaboratively with Data Center Operations to identify change conflicts.
- Work collaboratively with Data Center Operations to schedule change activity.
- Produce reports to analyze daily and weekly change schedules for each platform and across platforms.
- Strive for continuous improvement, including expansion of and more in-depth change management process.
- Manage Remedy Application modifications
- Facilitate Change Management meetings for Change activity review.
- Conduct training for IT staff and Change Implementers to ensure compliance with policies, procedures and best practices for Change Management.
What you have:
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate in a team environment.
Effective planning and organizational skills; ability to complete assignments and meet deadlines.
- Capable of multi-tasking, planning and managing multiple concurrent priorities. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard.
- Attention to detail and discrepancies.
- Comfortable working both individually and as member of a team. Experience working in a matrixed team environment and managing action items across multiple organizational units.
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Change Management/Release Management-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, February 20, 2018