Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Ranked as one of FORTUNE's "World's Most Admired Companies®" 2013, Charles Schwab is recognized as a finance technology innovator and a leader in the web finance space. Schwab's web products offer Schwab's exceptional customer service, brokerage, and bank products to both retail and institutional investors.
We're looking for a talented technologist to be an architect in Schwab’s Applications Architecture team. The Solution Architect is a key member of the platform/product delivery team and is responsible for the overall design of solutions and aligning customer/business requirements to systems/technical requirements using best practices, design patterns and existing assets.
What you’ll do:
The Solution Architect is responsible for design and architecture guidance across Schwab's suite of portfolio management solutions (Schwab Intelligent Advisor and Intelligent Portfolios), integrations and API interfaces. You'll work closely with other technologists to define the portfolio strategy for the firm. You'll be a part of Schwab's Application Architecture team: A group of thought leaders responsible for Technology strategy (Mobile, Web, Data, Cloud, etc.). Other duties include: Leading design discussions and mentoring engineers on proper platform and application solutions. Publishing and presenting to technology leaders and business executives. Providing thought leadership around technical solutions. Collaborate with other technologists on creating cross-domain solutions. Review, comment and contribute to the firm's overall technology strategy.
The Solution Architect works as team member alongside the Product Leads, Technical Leads and other supporting team members to deliver a complete solution. This is an opportunity to be a part of a cutting edge team respected for the products they produce and client satisfaction those products support. Their role within SDLC:
- Solution Ideation
- Assist business in the scoping and planning of upcoming projects
- Solution Architecture and Design
- Participate/Lead in producing the solutions conceptual architecture and associated artifacts
- Develop logical architecture of solution components based on conceptual architecture/design
- Advice/Mentor on Technical and Functional DesignCurator of Guiding Principles in alignment with EA Principles
- Provide advice and guidance to team leads regarding technical and functional design decisionsCurator of standards and best practices
- Consultative on larger strategy
- Collaborates with EA and SAs from other domain to design/deliver larger scoped initiatives
What you have:
- Ability to define and present a vision for the future of the Portfolio Management and Schwab Intelligent Advisor platform
- Ability to drive through influence ideal solution strategy with agility and leadership qualities which engineers recognize and respect
- Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to work on cross channel integrations
- Experience with relational databases, HTTP and domain driven design
- Experience with microservice architectures
- Knowledge of the enterprise technology space: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends (hybrid and native)
- Lead experience in application development - preferably on .NET applications
- Deep knowledge of MongoDB database design, data design and comparison to relational databases
- Deep knowledge of API (REST, SOAP), API Management and building scalable and high performance Web APIs.
- Experience developing strategies for versioning, partial response (providing only the data elements needed by calling application), pagination (make it easy for developers to paginate objects in a database), and mediating over legacy services to provide more ideal interfaces to mobile development teams
- Securing APIs and experience developing services that are identified by both consuming application and end-users and securing services across both constructs with OAuth, SAML, Two-Factor or Custom Authentication Schemes
- Deep knowledge of one or more languages: C#, or Java.
- Deep knowledge and experience with server side .NET
- Ability (and preference) to work in an Agile environment.
- Ability to apply innovative technology to solutions that would benefit our clients.
- Ability to influence and effect changes that have broad and long term impact on the firm.
- Ability to develop community of practices to facilitate discussions with technical team on platform-wide considerations, driving improvement and efficiencies, and providing leadership.
- A software engineering background preferred.
- Ability to work with engineers and executives.
- Strong presentation and communication skills.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, November 14, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 15, 2018