Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
Jodi Lynn Cohen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Project Services organization supports Schwab business goals through the delivery of projects spanning technology, operations, business continuity, and offshore management. Our team collaborates across a matrixed organization to deliver business value through efficient, disciplined and predictable project execution of effective solutions to business problems and opportunities.
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide administrative support to Project Services including the Vice President and Leadership teams in Texas. The Administrative assistant will manage complex scheduling, travel planning, expense reports and other administrative responsibilities with the utmost confidentiality. The Administrative Assistant will be a self-starter and have the self-confidence and experience to pro-actively support a complex and fast-paced leadership team.
What you’ll do:
- The Executive Assistant represents the VP and Leadership team in every interaction.
- Facilitate internal and external communication through phone calls, team agendas, memorandums and meeting minutes;
- Produce basic PowerPoint presentations for the VP and members of their organization as needed;
- Research and compile basic reports using Excel, as requested
- Help facilitate department initiatives that drive employee engagement
- Provide support for a large organization in multiple cities
- Provide support in complex time management for the VP;
- Arrange and manage complex travel schedules for the leadership team;
- Manage and effortlessly handle ad-hoc requests
- Compile and process expense reports.
Scheduling and Administrative Support:
- Manage VP and Management Team calendars;
- Schedule phone calls, Video Conference, and WebEx meetings;
- Arrange in-person meetings for internal and external participants.
- Demonstrates team spirit as a representative of the Schwab Project Services team;
- The Administrative Assistant will maintain strong working relationships with other personnel throughout the organization;
- Flexible and ready to assist with team events and special projects as needed;
- Additional projects and tasks based on business needs.
What you have:
- 3+ years of administrative assistant experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, as well as a high degree of accuracy and careful attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information with diplomacy and discretion, as well as a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to think critically and provide guidance on process efficiencies
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities, while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- High level of proficiency in PowerPoint, Word and Excel. Experience with Concur a plus.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication, plus strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have experience interacting with internal and external individuals at all levels, including senior executives, clients and vendors.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and effectively prioritize workload
- Ability to handle interactions with diplomacy.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Administrative Support-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Monday, November 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018