Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Our Vision and purpose center a round engineering and operating ultra-scalable, highly reliable software systems and infrastructure designed to provide our clients the products and services that enable them to effectively manage their finances and achieve their financial goals.
You will be part of a highly technical team responsible for driving the development of the next generation of our operational capabilities for legacy, cloud, and future generations of technology. This team will develop strategies, design and engineer solutions, perform in-depth technical evaluations, and provide assistance to other technology teams when required. They will also develop and administer strategies to ensure availability, reliability, quality, and lean operations aligning to agile teams as they deliver products for release into production.
What you’ll do:
You will be a recognized leader and subject matter expert within the technical community at Schwab and possess an extensive range of technical skills and knowledge
You and your team will be responsible for the following:
- Develop strategies to ensure Production Ready Services and systems are:Align to Agile Dev teams as they deliver products for release to production; also align with infrastructure engineering.
- Stable and reliable
- Scalable and high performing
- Fault tolerant and prepared for and catastrophe
- Properly Monitored
- Documented and understood
- CMDB Pattern/alignment by making the CMDB essential and important to AppDev / Technology owners.
- Ensure disaster recovery and STS business continuity planning delivers expected capability to ensure survivability of Schwab's IT systems.
- Create and maintain master automation strategy to make operations more efficient.
- Certify TIS SMEs on the "Big Picture".
- Parameterize continuous improvement in terms of (Time to deliver) / (Quality of delivery) .
- Track LE/(Cost saving of each automation put into place); steward automation to AppDev on a partnership basis; never a batch and queue basis.
- Relationship Management
- Liaison between the business and TIS
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal technology team, business units and external technology vendors
- Participate in Service Level Agreement (SLA) negotiations for internal and external technology partnerships
- Participate in technology aspects of business sponsored RFIs/RFPs
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Recovery Facilitator - Responsible for organizing and directing internal and external resources during recovery calls ensuring prompt system recovery with minimum disruption to the business. Measured by Mean Time to Restore (MTTR) metric
What you have:
Technical Qualifications (8+ years relevant experience):
- Hands on experience in Incident roles (Escalation/Incident Management/Root Cause Analysis).
- Basic understanding of IP, Load Balancing, Voice, Cloud services to support existing & new customer base.
- Experience working in large data center compute resource administration.
- Experience coding applications and/or scripting in administrative languages.
- Experience improving collaboration with AppDev, Product Owners, and Service Teams.
- Excellent written & verbal communication and skills.
- Bachelor's Degree in Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Lean IT Certification
- Strong passion for learning.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Motivated and self-starting.
- Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas.
- Soft skills to handle situations with internal & external members.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with customers, management, peers and coworkers.
- Concentrate on certain areas of technology driven by company technology objectives.
- Proven track record of making continuous improvement happen.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, November 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018