Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Looking for a career with purpose, aligned values, and work/life balance? Advisor Custody & Trading (ACT) is the industry leader in providing custodial, trading, technology and practice management to independent advisory firms. The ACT Core service teams add value to IA firms across the country by providing exceptional customer service, consultative account management guidance, and operational support.
What is an Investment Advisor (IA)? An advisor or firm engaged in the investment advisory business and registered either with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) or state securities authorities.
What you’ll do:
- Leading a team of 10-15 representatives who provide a consultative service to meet the needs of our clients and employees
- Developing team members through coaching, career development mentoring, and motivational techniques
- Assessing and resolving escalated client issues at a moment’s notice, helping them navigate Schwab products and services
- Providing creative ideas and solutions that will benefit the business and set the strategic direction of the segment
- Anticipating potential risk issues pertaining to all facets of the operation while presenting and implementing proactive solutions
- Working collaboratively with other managers and leadership in cross-departmental projects and initiatives
What you have:
- Series 7, 63 or 66, 9 & 10 licenses required
- 3- 5 years of people leadership experience preferably within financial services
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and coaching employees to achieve and exceed performance standards
- Excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills
- The ability to embrace change and innovation
- Strong team orientation
- Good organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple competing priorities within the established deadlines
- Participation in the Aspiring Leaders Program preferred
- Proven project management experience
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, or related area preferred
Where you’ll be:
The Town of Westlake, known as the place where the cross timbers met the prairie, holds tales of settlers tremendous archaeological treasures, and some of the oldest settlements in North Texas. The region has always been known for its natural bounty, its trade value, and its wonderful people. The Town of Westlake has maintained these distinctions over the years, becoming one of the most desirable and sought after places to live in America.
Charles Schwab is building a new facility for 5,000 employees in Westlake. The development marks Charles Schwab’s commitment to the North Texas market. Schwab is located at 2050 Roanoke Road, Westlake, TX 76262. Learn more about our newest campus here.
Interested in this position but have some questions? Join us for Schwab Talks Talent hosted by our Service & Support team on the 3rd Tuesday of the month. Click here to register for our next virtual event; we look forward to meeting you!
What you’ll get:
Sabbatical Program, Employee Wellness Program, Volunteer Time, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Resource Groups and --- the opportunity to do the best work of your life!
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized Advice, Brokerage Discounts
- Culture of employee development and promoting from within
- The ability to earn an annual bonus based on company results and personal performance
- Learn more about Life@Schwab
- See Charles Schwab Benefits for more details
- Hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at Schwab
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 63, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Category:Customer Service/Client Service
Activation Date: Friday, November 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, May 1, 2018