We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a results-oriented technology leader with a strong track record of building and developing high-performing teams to deliver business value through technology. The Portfolio Management Technology group within Advisor Services Technology provides a suite of Portfolio Management products to Advisors and we are looking for an engineering Sr. Manager to deliver a next-gen Portfolio Management System. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience in leading multiple Scrum teams in a fast-paced, agile environment and must be capable of influencing across the organization, partnering with Business stakeholders to drive product direction, and delivering a high-quality product to market.
What you’ll do:
The primary responsibilities of the Sr. Manager are to be build high performing teams, partner with key stakeholders across the business and technology, and deliver on commitments. This role includes leading individual contributors to deliver on both Project and support work. This individual will lead direct and virtual teams comprised of development, QA, and Scrum Masters. This individual must have strong organizational and people leadership capabilities to lead Agile-oriented Product Development teams. The ability to understand and align with business goals, and communicate to senior business leadership is an essential component of the role. Candidates should have a passion for emerging technologies and be capable of influencing and inspiring the team in developing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of leading and managing IT teams, with project management, resource management, and offshore resource management capabilities.
- 3+ years’ experience in Financial Services Industry a plus.
- 3+ years’ experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies.
Leadership and Management:
- Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology-enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high-performing teams
- Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback; experience Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration
- setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
- Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management.
- Professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability; experience developing customer-facing web applications strongly preferred.
- Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
- Experience leading in an Agile delivery environment and implementing Continuous Integration is a big plus.
- Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, and cloud based application development, web services and databases
- Prior programming experience with JAVA or C# a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Monday, November 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 14, 2018