Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Retail Web Technology team (RWT) is responsible for leading a coordinated technology approach to developing and maintaining Schwab’s primary retail digital platform. The RWT organization is looking for a talented Full-Stack developer to join our team. This individual should be a technical leader and have a passion for keeping up-to-date and using cutting-edge web technologies to build interactive web applications
What you’ll do:
- Be responsible for providing vision, design, and leadership to the technology teams
- Provide documentation, build sample views, best practices, code reviews, provide performance and security analysis, provide guidance, and contribute to coding tasks as necessary.
- Participate in a leadership capacity in software engineering using advanced development patterns and build high performing, scalable web applications with modular widgets/views.
- Evolve and enhance existing web applications.
- Actively collaborate with the development teams and technology leaders across Schwab technology on product development, best practices, and automation.
What you have:
- You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce usable and scalable web software using advanced development technologies. You must have the ability to be self-directed and interact with technology and business partners at all levels. Finally, you should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
- Qualifications for this position are:
- Strong knowledge of design patterns
- Applying client side MV* frameworks such as backbone.js and angularJS
- Experience with:
- Web Accessibility
- Responsive Design and Single Page Applications (SPA)
- Application performance tuning and capacity planning
- Developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB
- Web API and RESTful service
- Understanding of Agile software development principles along with experience participating in agile projects
- Experience with TDD & BDD a plus
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems is a plus
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, November 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, April 1, 2018