We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is looking for a Cloud systems administrator to join Cloud operations team. Ideal candidate is passionate about setup and maintenance of Cloud Platforms, coordination with Enterprise architects and administrators for integration with application, network and cloud services. Cloud System Administrator will also stand up virtualized systems utilizing the Pivotal Cloud Foundry infrastructure, in one or more cloud environments including on-premise and public clouds. This candidate is a confident self-starter who's not afraid to dive into areas they may not familiar with, communicates well. Lastly, they must be able to work with team members across disparate geographic locations.
What you’ll do:
- Set up and maintain the Pivotal Cloud Foundry infrastructure.
- Make recommendations to integrate new custom and cloud software, coordinates installation and supports operations.
- Set up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, troubleshooting, installing system wide software and addressing mass storage space requirements.
- Monitor and make recommendations for allocation of computing resources.
- Assist support teams in troubleshooting issues.
- Support application teams by installing, maintaining, administering, and managing servers and network systems
- Manage infrastructure services in a production environment to ensure high availability and reliability.
- Coordinate installation and build of VMs, assist in developing system requirements, as well as developing the backup and recovery solutions
What you have:
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in system administration, 2+ years focused on cloud platform management
- Hands on experience with Azure, AWS, Google Cloud or one of the other major IaaS providers is required
- Deep knowledge of Platform as a Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools (e.g. Terraform, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, ...) and fluency in the associated programming languages (e.g. Ruby, Python or any other scripting)
- Solid systems administration understanding (UNIX, Linux or Windows)
- Experience in an Agile/DevOps environment
- Experience developing automation solutions and working in a highly automated environment
- Experience with data storage and data backup technologies
- Knowledge of baseline and operations inside a cloud environment
- Experience in Cloud Foundry administration or AWS SysOps Administration or relevant experience is highly required.
- Experience with VMware is required
- Experience in monitoring and setting up alerting for Cloud components (Ex: PCF Ops Manager and Elastic Runtime or similar components on related platforms)
- Experience in monitoring tools such as Splunk, Nagios, Appdynamics, Dynatrace or related tools
- Experience in Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment methodologies
- Strong influencing, negotiation, and, problem-solving skills with an ability to identify problems/gaps, assess the requirements to address, and get buy-in to implement solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related fields is required.
- Financial Industry experience (plus)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, November 10, 2017
Expiration Date: Sunday, February 11, 2018