Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Schwab Technology Services group develops, maintains, and supports end to end services. We strive to ensure our business and technology partners get the right services at the right price and the quality levels for their needs and expectations of IT. You will be joining as a Managing Director with oversight of critical operational functions, delivery of services per our service catalog, and managerial respsonsiblity of operational delivery teams. You will also be accountable for the rapid and safe introduction of new services and business functionality into Schwab’s technology environments. Additionally, you will have an opportunity to drive Schwab’s adoption of Continuous Integration and Delivery Community tools, techniques, and practices that support our corporate objective, and enable and drive our Digital Enterprise Strategy.
What you’ll do:
- Perform managerial and operational tasks associated with supporting a fast paced business focused agenda.
- Guide the managerial requirements that support processes, and procedures;providing support and strategic planning for the reporting team.
- Overseethe implementation of processes and procedures, employee performance evaluations, daily performance support, and strategic planning for the team.
- Maintain management oversight of audit activities. Ensure all audit engagement requirements are met, andall audit findings are remediated in a timely manner.
- Interface with Senior Leadership to ensure reporting is effective, and technology/process issues are escalated.
- Work collaboratively with Infrastructure Operational and Application Support teams to ensure the proper information is provided to support Production Readiness activities.
- Provide and analyze trending reports for upper management to communicate problems.
- Collaborate and partner with the Applcation Support teams to ensure timely and safe deployment of business functionality into Schwab’s technology environments.
What you have:
- Experience with and knowledge of ITSM, DevOps, Lean, Six Sigma, Agile/Scrum, and CoBIT methodologies.
- Computer Science or related technical degree/Master’s Preferred with 12+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in Financial Services
- Strong Program Management experience
- Service experience from service inception to transition, operations, metrics, reporting, and continuous improvement
- Self-motivated and able to work independently leading or participating in virtual teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; the ability to effectively communicate with both technical and business leaders.
- Ability to influence, negotiate, and nurture relationships with key stakeholders including suppliers.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment, meet challenging deadlines and maintainhigh quality standards.
- Demonstrated success in prioritizing and managing multiple competing requests and projects..
- Proven leadership ability in a matrixes environment
- Proven ability to influence change
What Skills and Experience Needed:
- In depth knowledge of the areas you support including SMEs and operational processes.
- Ability to understand risk as it relates to development to production transition management and supporting a production environment.
- Familiarity with both Infrastructure Operations and Application Development.
- Strong attention to detail, and ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to meet with all upper levels of leadership.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
- Making complex decisions while balancing shareholder expecations
- An acute focus on managing execution and ensuring accountability to drive results
- Building collaborative relationships and networks
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin, AZ - Phoenix, TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Thursday, November 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, February 10, 2018