Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Complex Account Review Team (CART) is part of the Financial Crimes Compliance organization at Schwab. CART is responsible for, among other things: (1) the review and analysis of formation documents on organization accounts in support of Schwab’s AML and Enhanced Due Diligence program; (2) analyzing complex organizational accounts to identify, escalate and resolve potential risks; and (3) reviewing complex organization accounts to determine compliance with Schwab’s policies and procedures. Job activity includes the review of foundational documents (i.e. articles of incorporation, company bylaws, charters, Certificates of Incorporation, operating agreements, Form Ds, offering memorandums, ADVs and trust records), performing enhanced due diligence reviews and reporting on findings.
What you’ll do:
The Senior Specialist, Risk Management & Investigations, is responsible for performing analysis of various complex organizational account structures, including, but not limited to, reviewing and analyzing legal documents, researching and performing Enhanced Due Diligence and presenting assessments to AML co-workers regarding the potential risks associated with certain higher risk organizations.
- Deliver salient, cogent & concise information about AML, Legal, Compliance and business issues identified during review of new organization accounts with the objective of assisting partners in making effective risk mitigation decisions.
- Apply policy and identify potential risk issues related to doing business with complex organization accounts.
- Conduct clear, consistent, fact-based analysis of documents.
- When necessary, identify additional documentation required for complete risk analysis.
- Understand and have the ability to discuss complex accounts with team members.
- Compile analysis into a coherent narrative and present written communications which summarizes findings, implications and recommendations.
- Escalate concerns/findings appropriately.
- Maintain confidentiality of the review process and results.
- Actively participate in supporting a work environment conducive to employee engagement.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, and legal training (i.e. law clerk, paralegal, or similar), preferred.
- JD ideal. Note: Will consider applicants with no JD, if they have experience in any of the following: BSA/AML and financial services in general, securities, banking, family offices, hedge funds, private equity funds or venture capital funds in particular.
- 1-3(+) years’ work experience in the financial services industry, required.
- Positive attitude, enthusiasm, professionalism and strong work ethic with high level of integrity and ethics.
- Experience in one or more of the ollowing fields is preferred: estate planning (Trusts, Wills, and/or Probate), retirement plans, entity formation documents, securities laws & regulations, broker-dealer requirements, AML, fraud investigations, FFIEC standards, compliance issues, risk management, audit and/or corporate law, are all plusses.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal (including inter-and intra-departmental relationship-building), organizational, and documentation skills, are all required.
- Must be team-oriented, great at problem solving, able to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify and escalate risk issues, required.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Legal-less than 2 yrs, Financial Services-less than 2 yrs, Legal-2-5 yrs, Regulatory, Financial Services-2-5 yrs, Compliance
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, November 9, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017