We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Core Technology Solutions (CTS) in Schwab Technology Services organization has the primary objective to provide robust, highly available applications that promote a consistent client experience.
CTS QA team provides critical support for multiple applications and technology groups to support back office broker/dealer functions such as Customer Account Technology, Client Reporting, Tax, Fixed Income, etc. Using cutting-edge technologies, in-house developed solutions, and an efficient Agile Development approach we are at the forefront of technology innovation in the financial/brokerage industry.
CTS QA is seeking a proven Sr. Staff Software Engineer in Test (SDET) in defining innovative and effective software testing practices in testing, test frameworks, test infrastructure, automation code, test tools and data. The successful candidate will be a strong technical leader with extensive test and development experience to work innovatively and collaboratively with business and technology partners to execute to Schwab’s vision to be the most trusted leader in investment services.
What you’ll do:
- Be an advocate and leader for Test Automation by establishing and communicating automation strategies and processes
- Have hands-on experience with multiple automation tools/frameworks when testing web services, APIs, MQ’s, middleware, database, etc. to increase reuse and reduce effort
- Assist developers with robust unit/component/ commit/ build and deploy/CI/CD test automation as needed
- Keep automation suite current, flexible and designed to work within a continuous integration framework
- Mentor peers and juniors on test engineering, network with other automation teams within Schwab and derive automation best practices for continuous improvement
- Evaluate and implement software test automation tools and tooling standards to support sustainable and continuous test automation
- Interact with various levels of individual contributors and management to educate and influence test strategy
What you have:
- BS Degree in Computer Science or a related field with 8+ years of experience in Test Automation frameworks in Agile
- Strong programming background C#.NET or Java with some experience using open-source test automation tools
- Experience in SOA, testing API, RabbitMQ, ETL and data validation for comprehensive testing including functional, integration, performance, and security testing
- Good understanding of QA practices, black box testing, white box testing, risk based testing, system testing, regression testing, exploratory testing practices etc. and commitment to QA methodologies
- Exposure to CI/CD tools preferably Jenkins/Bamboo/GIT/Maven etc. like Parasoft, Selenium, LeanFT, TOSCA or Atlassian suite (Jira, Zephyr, Confluence), Splunk or similar industry leading tool sets
- Knowledge of Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Gherkin languages like Cucumber, Cucumber-jvm, Cucumber-js, SpecFlow, Serenity
- Experience working with teams located in different geographical locations and offshore vendors
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testers and Business partners
- Exposure to service virtualization platforms is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and to think outside the box and come up with creative solutions when tools don’t work
- Motivation and passion to stay on top of new and emerging test and automation technologies
- Exposure to a regulatory environment (like Banking & Finance or Health care etc.) is a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 8, 2017
Expiration Date: Tuesday, January 9, 2018