Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701B, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Enterprise Batch Services team is looking for a talented individual experienced in an Enterprise Environment that demands highly secure and reliable batch processing. As a Senior Staff you will be responsible for product support, mainframe and distributed batch scheduling across multiple applications, act as a level 2 support for batch execution while working closely with application support teams and Production Control. A successful candidate will be passionate about partnering with our application support and development teams and examining data to find the best solutions with a focus on continuous process improvement.
What you’ll do:
The individual candidate must be highly motivated with a proven track record of success in working in a large scale data center environment. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in all phases of batch design and engineering across mainframe and server platforms.
This candidate will also have strong ability to set priorities with the focus on meeting critical production support, customer deliverables and project commitments. This candidate will be expected to work closely with engineering and application development teams across multiple organizations to design and implement technical solutions in order to support the requirements of our growing business. This person is expected to be self-motivated, to lead and provide directional support to first and second level team members through day-to-day interaction and oncall support.
What you have:
Minimum of 8 - 10 years directly related experience.
- Experience in CA ESP, Control-M, NAS, SA level knowledge of UNIX / LINUX / Windows environments, Formula and file transfers (NDM, FTP, SFTP, PGP/FTP, NFS).
-- The candidate must be able to interact with all levels of technical and managerial staff and will have proven leadership abilities and display excellent skills in understanding problem determination and service restoration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are keys to success in this role as this position will have regular interaction with various support groups, end-users and management as well as responsibility to document processes and procedures.
- Another key success factor for this candidate is building skills in co-workers through cross-training and mentoring, taking every interaction as an opportunity to learn or teach. Demonstrated ability to resolve business and service impacting problems while evaluating all alternatives and consulting with other senior technical leaders of the organization is required.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills for technical presentations, product demonstrations, answering technical questions, and customer follow-up.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively cooperate with others.
- Excellent at gauging customer impact and escalate with the appropriate sense of urgency.
Additional Skill Areas:
- Problem Solving
- Presenting Technical Information
- Process Improvement
- SQL knowledge
- Understanding of Database infrastructure
- Network Communication
- Hadoop (Big Data)
- Virtual Machines
- Oracle, MS-SQL Server, PostgreSQL Databases
- Understanding of Backup and Recovery
- High Availability/Disaster Recovery
- Unix and Microsoft Windows Clusters
- Ability to read debug logs
- Unix Shell Scripting
- PERL knowledge
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Communications/Networking-6+ yrs, IT-System Administration-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Monday, November 6, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, February 7, 2018