Lone Tree - CO, DENR2, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab Insurance Services (CSIS) is accountable for meeting the insurance needs of our more than 6 million individual investor clients and 7,000+ RIAs with responsibilities including product management/development, direct sales, sales support and oversight. CSIS works closely with all Schwab client enterprises to support product distribution and manages all insurance company partners/vendors associated with the business.
What you’ll do:
The Managing Director, Insurance Product Manager, is responsible for managing a team responsible for our leading our traditional insurance product offering. Insurance is an evolving business at Schwab, one that requires the candidate to be flexible in his/her approach. Every day will be different. The role over the first two years is expected to largely focus on “owning” and managing various insurance pilots. After the two-years (estimate), the role is expected to take on that of a traditional product manager.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Design and manage multiple “pilot programs” aimed at driving insurance business at Schwab:
- Obtain leadership and committee buy-in to move forward with proposed pilots
- Pilots will be cross-functional / involve many different groups, including both internal and external stakeholders
- Management of pilots will include full project and product management responsibilities
- Insurance subject matter expert (SME) for the organization
- Traditional Product Management / Offer Integration
- Drive success of the traditional insurance business line
- Creation/maintenance of best-in-class product line-up
- Evaluation and implementation of innovative, scalable, disruptive ideas
- Ability to generate ideas, influence and execute
- Represent insurance in firm-wide initiatives related to wealth management, insurance planning, risk management, etc.
- Manage a team of 2-3 individuals
What you have:
- Bachelor's degree required, MBA desired
- Minimum 5 years-experience in a Product Management role, preferably Insurance.
- Series 7, licenses required. Must obtain within six months of employment.
- Strong knowledge of the Insurance industry, including product features and benefits is preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of current regulatory requirements and state laws related to insurance products is preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Team player
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Product Development-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Friday, November 3, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018