Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
AIM/SCT Technology, provides a broad range of technology services to our business Partners in support of Alternative Investments, Insurance & Annuities, Managed Accounts, and Schwab Charitable Giving. It supports both internal and external facing web portals (B2B), using Microsoft technologies to develop products and solutions. The technology stack will center on C#, MVC, Angular JS, ASP.NET, VB.NET, HTML5 and MS SQL/Oracle/Mongo development with a strong focuses in Object-Oriented application design & patterns and use of Shared Platforms/PaaS.
This role is a staff position requiring a candidate with good distributed environment technical skills, excellent teamwork and collaboration skills with the ability to learn quickly.
What you’ll do:
Do you have a passion for working with the latest software stacks, love problem solving and/or modernizing platforms? We are looking for a full stack developer to be a part of our platform modernization team. Collaborate with team members in designing and developing technical solutions that meet user needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, and reliability. You should have high enthusiasm to learn and contribute actively in an agile development group.
Your primary responsibility will be providing support and solutions for our AIM Technology business partners, including the provisioning, maintenance and development of .Net/MVC/Angular applications, web services, and systems hosted on Oracle/SQL/Mongo databases. The ideal candidate will:
- Collaborate with the team (development, product owners, QA, and other technology partners) to design, develop, unit test, and support new features
- Participate in the proactive identification of product/system enhancements which may improve tool appeal, process flow, and overall functionality and performance
- Strive for high quality and rapid output through the use of agile software development best practices
- Contribute to development of maintenance and enhancement work items, including performance tuning, testing, refactoring, usability, and automation
- Maintain coding, compliance, & security standards (including documenting functionality/recovery instructions)
What you have:
- 3-5 years of full stack application development experience;
- Bachelor's degree from 4-year accredited degree granting college or university is preferred, or equivalent experience;
- Proven experience developing and implementing applications, particularly web-enabled applications using C#, ASP.NET, HTML5, ASP.NET web forms, MVC, AngularJS, JSON;
- You will also have good and broad technical skills, with a practical knowledge of OOP and distributed environments: .net, XML, web services (SOAP and REST);
- Have solid knowledge of SQL, T-SQL, PL/SQL. Have experience with one or more of the following RDBMS: Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB;
- Solid understanding in web application environments and development tools, event-driven application development, session state management, web configuration and deployment strategies, security and performance tuning, and debugging methodologies;
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Effective time management. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task effectively
- Have a passion for problem solving, the ability to quickly learn new concepts, and must be able to interact with all levels of technical and business teams;
- Proven ability to work independently or as an integral member of a team;
- Be a team player, self-motivated and able to work collaboratively across organizations and geographic locations;
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, December 28, 2017