Westlake - TX, TX2050R, 2050 Roanoke Road, 76262-9616
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Corporate Brokerage Technology Solutions (CBTS) in Charles Schwab & Co.'s IT organization has an opening for a Senior Manager to lead development and management of several shared functions within the organization to include; release management, technology strategy, key performance indicators (KPIs), audit activities, process engineering, and Agile practices. This position will play a key role in driving change, modernizing the technology processes, and enhancing the services that support Schwab’s Stock Plan Services and Compliance Solutions B2B offerings. Our main goal at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests. We are looking for a talented technologist to lead, collaborate and influence the modernization of our services. Our ideal candidate will be a team player, thought leader, and thrive in influencing others across a matrix organization.
What you’ll do:
As a senior technology leader part of the CBTS management team, based in Westlake, TX managing the internal technology functions for the CBTS organization you will guide the future growth and development of the organization. You will directly lead Software Development teams, Release Managers, Scrum Masters, and Business Systems Analyst. In addition, the successful candidate will interface with other Schwab organizations to coordinate audit, compliance, security, and process controls. In addition, the role will assist in building and driving the strategy for the organization.
The role encompasses establishing and directing the strategic and tactical goals for the teams, building a client driven technology organization through developing appropriate performance targets and measuring progress through delivery. In addition to the functional responsibilities, the success candidate will advance the development of the employees on their team through continuous learning, leadership development, and performance management objectives
This role requires a highly motivated, organized and experienced business focused technology leader with a proven record of managing people, process, and technology.
What you have:
A university degree from a well-respected academic institution; advanced degrees in Information management, Computer Science, Business Administration and/or other professional certifications are desired.
- 8+ years of experience in a technology leadership role.
- Demonstrated software development skills
- Knowledge of cloud based architectures to include; Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Angular, Spring, Java, Mongo, Hadoop, SQL, and Redis,
- Experience leading teams utilizing ITIL and Agile frameworks.
- Strong business acumen with demonstrated knowledge of technology quality, productivity, and financial KPIs.
- Experience creating process and technology roadmaps that align to business objects
- Extensive experience leading solution delivery teams inclusive of scope, scheduling, budgeting and project planning in an environment with aggressive delivery goals
- Substantiated experience raising the bar on staff delivery performance and cultivating high performance work environments
- Significant experience transforming teams through technology, organization, culture, process and business change management
- Ability to work hands on with development teams to inspire and motivate all levels of staff towards both tactical and strategic delivery goals
- Ability to drive change with internal/external counterparties, vendors, and enhancing relationships.
- Outstanding performer, persistent and pro-active leader, detailed oriented, and driven to exceed expectations
- Skilled communicator and negotiator with exceptional written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills. Advanced excel and power point skills desired
- Shows a commitment to high ethical standards and integrity and demonstrates this through action
- Excellent written communication, presentation and facilitation skills with experience preparing reports to executive management and boards
- Inquisitive, analytical, a strategic thinker, proactive and solutions-oriented
- High-energy, positive, entrepreneurial in spirit while goal-oriented and results-driven
- Self-starter; takes initiative and can work independently
- Well-organized and disciplined with high attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable working with various business domains
- Direct, plain-spoken; conveys a genuine/authentic demeanor
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Westlake
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, February 1, 2018