Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
In Corporate Risk Management (CRM), we provide an integrated risk management strategy that supports the delivery of predictable financial and operational performance in order to produce successful client and shareholder outcomes. We are organized around six primary functions: Bank Risk, Enterprise Risk, Information Security Risk Management (ISRM), Market and Investment Risk, Model Risk and Operational Risk. Within each of these areas, we develop a framework for how much risk we are willing to accept as a firm and establish processes for identifying, evaluating, measuring, monitoring and reporting against that framework. In Information Security Risk Management, we support that framework across information and technology to protect client assets, client information and firm assets.
The Security Analyst, in ISRM’s Infrastructure and Application Risk Management (IARM) - Platform Risk Assessments (PRA) team, as a second line of defense function, is responsible and focused on a) oversight of policy compliance across platforms, applications, products, and projects; b) assessing ongoing adherence to security standards and best practices by conducting recurring and ad-hoc risk assessments; c) and collaborating with technology and business teams to foster the adherence to security standards and best practices.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct risk assessments on new products, projects, and enterprise applications across a variety of development platforms; identifying mitigation strategies and overseeing the implementation of solutions that adhere to firm policies and security standards.
- Partner with product development teams for client-impacting security capabilities
- Translate corporate InfoSec policy into sustainable programs
- Develop, execute and maintain processes to track assessments and related findings to ensure appropriate oversight and reporting
- Lead various project and programs within the group’s charter
- Be an advocate for security initiatives with fellow employees, vendors, clients and management
- Develop a familiarity with new tools and best practices
What you have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software security principles, practices, and commercial tools
- 5+ years of experience in Rational Unified Process and Scrum development methodologies
- Adequate knowledge of web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols
- Interest and passion for all aspects of security research and advancement of the state of the practice
- BS degree in related software development field (CIS, Computer Science, etc.)
- CISSP, CISA, or other related certifications preferred
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Regulatory, Risk Analysis
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017