We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a talented Senior Scrum master to join our Agile software development, who will help establish industry standard Agile practices for our team and be a champion for ongoing agile maturity. The role of the Scrum Master requires a dynamic individual, capable of managing sprints for multiple teams and Product Owners. Retirement Business Services Technology (RBS Technology) is part of the Schwab Technology Services organization and is responsible for delivering client facing and trading solutions used by Schwab Retirement Internal Operations, Third Party Administrators, Plan Sponsors and Advisors.
What you’ll do:
- Communicate strategy plans and updates
- Perform traditional Scrum Master duties that include organizing and facilitating daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meetings.
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
- Work with Technical Leads and Product Owners to refine the grooming process increasing its effectiveness.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition;
- Identify and remove impediments; prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal; Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
What you have:
- Scrum Master Certification with 8-10 years Scrum Master experience.
- 8-10 years of software experience, preferably in a lead role
- In-depth knowledge of agile and when to deploy Kanban, Scrum as well as of agile excellence topics such as unit testing, sprint testing, code reviews
- Skilled Scrum Master ability in Jira or equivalent system.
- Knowledge of distributed systems technologies such as Unix, Java, Oracle
- Leadership qualities that enable the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Highly adaptable to changing environment and priorities.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||NC - Raleigh
Activation Date: Monday, October 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, January 31, 2018