San Mateo - CA, BRCAMT, 1300 South El Camino Real, 94402-2964
Ami Nicole Thomas
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This position is part of the Branch Network which is primarily responsible for providing Wealth Management to individuals and families to meet their financial needs. In partnership with the Sr. Financial Consultant (FC), the Financial Consultant Partner will support the growth and management of an affluent wealth management practice. This includes servicing clients, growing client relationships, and delivering advice with the practice clients of the Sr. Financial Consultant. The Financial Consultant Partner will help grow the practice by partnering with their Sr. FC to pursue business development opportunities.
To learn more about our client offerings visit: Charles Schwab - Investor Services
What you’ll do:
As a Financial Consultant Partner at Charles Schwab, you will operate in a team-based model partnered with one to three Sr. Financial Consultants. In a team-based model, tasks can be completed as directed by your Sr. Financial Consultant(s), in partnership with, or independently with check-ins:
- Provide direct, dedicated support for Sr. Financial Consultant(s) and their practice clients.
- Interface with existing practice clients via inbound, proactive and follow-up phone calls, and email as well as face to face interactions.
- Deepen new and existing client relationships by proactively and reactively uncovering additional business development opportunities and in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to close the business.
- Provide advice to include suitability, recommendations, and planning for practice clients in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Build, refresh, and deliver financial plans for practice clients in partnership with your Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Update and compile client information through Schwab’s internal customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
- Identify leads and proactively generate ideas to connect with clients and prospects.
- Set and prepare for appointments, e.g., review planning status, life events, suitability updates.
- Manage and perform activities in preparation for, and following, client appointments with designated Sr. Financial Consultant(s).
- Manage local event administration including venue identification, scheduling, contract negotiation, invitation creation, attendance confirmation, development of client presentations, and follow-up post-event with clients and prospects.
- Support the business development and relationship building activities of the Sr. Financial Consultant(s) by following up on referrals and engaging with prospective clients.
- Leverage key business partners (Partner Support & Pinnacle) to resolve, research, and respond to client inquiries and issues as well as ensure operational tasks are completed.
- Partner with Sr. Financial Consultant(s) to ensure we are providing an exceptional experience for clients ultimately improving client promoter score for the branch.
- Participate in or conduct the initial client on-boarding process.
- Assist Sr. Financial Consultant(s) with client segmentation and client engagement blue prints; leverage Connect mailings, branch workshops, as well as regional/national events.
What you have:
Required minimum skills and qualifications are:
- Minimum of 3 years of financial services experience is strongly preferred
- Passion for the client with the ability to strengthen and retain client relationships
- Results driven, highly motivated self-starter who possesses integrity, a strong work ethic and a passion for helping clients
- Demonstrated experience handling client concerns and issues with tact and diplomacy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and effectively prioritize
- Aptitude for, and experience in, identifying new relationship development
- Show a genuine interest in staying current on market events and ability to understand the implications for clients
- Ability to uncover and meet client needs and effectively manage client expectations
- Demonstrated ability to be agile in changing environmental, economic, and client need scenarios
- Operational and/or project management experience
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to develop and maintain good cross-enterprise working relationships
- Strong problem solving skills
- Advanced technical skills, with the ability to utilize different applications at one time, including Windows, internet researching, database systems, and email
- Collaborative and team based work style
- Ability to retain and execute upon complex information with relative ease
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable policies and procedures and applying ethical standards to every business activity in which they engage
- Maintain the highest ethical standards in the conduct of their business activities and professional dealings and to avoid even the appearance of impropriety
- There is a minimum time-in-position expectation of 2 years
Education, Licenses, and Design:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- A valid and active Series 7 license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Series 66 (63/65) license is required (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- A valid and active Life and Health Insurance License (may be obtained within a 120 day condition of employment)
- Notary certification (may be obtained after hire)
- Pursuant to SAFE Act requirements, all employees engaged in residential loan mortgage originations must register with the NMLS registry system and remain in good standing. You will be required to register and to submit to the required SAFE Act background check and registration process.
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package.
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts.
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program.
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions.
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships.
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life.
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 7
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-2-5 yrs, Customer Service-2-5 yrs, Brokerage Operations-2-5 yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Mateo
Activation Date: Monday, October 30, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 11, 2017