San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Lee Ann Leonhart
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Asset Management Client Solutions (“AMCS”) is responsible for managing Schwab’s third party product platforms delivering a robust client experience while growing a revenue stream vital to Schwab’s overall financial health. AMCS develops new products and services for clients, maintains broad product offers, and facilitates effective working relationships between third party providers and the employee groups who work directly with clients. Collectively AMCS manages five product platforms including:
- Mutual funds & 529: The first and still the largest platform at Schwab.
- Managed accounts: The most comprehensive and fastest growing SMA platform in the industry.
- Alternative Investments: A growing platform enabling clients to invest in assets such as real estate, private equity, hedge funds, structured products, and commodities.
- ETFs: The largest and rapidly growing ETF platform in the industry.
- Insurance: A developing platform becoming more critical in meeting client needs with retirement and risk management.
- Fixed Income: An industry leading product platform and a large team of sales & service professionals, the Fixed Income team plays a significant role in driving asset growth for both our Advisor and Retail.
As VP Relationship Management, you have the opportunity to lead a team of Relationship Managers who bring to life our product platform strategy with our 3rd party partners and our client facing enterprises supporting the needs of our clients through Schwab’s various businesses. Serving individual investors, registered investment advisors (RIAs), retirement plans, and other institutional clients, the third party platforms are a centralized and shared resource for the firm. This team is also responsible for Schwab’s 529 plan, working in conjunction with the program sponsor, vendor(s), and the sponsoring state. The team is responsible for managing all aspects of the product, while positioning it appropriately for various client groups. Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead the strategic direction, design and execution for initiatives engaging and retaining mutual fund and 529 clients and their advisors and plan sponsors/administrators.
- Monitor the industry and competitive landscape and ensure Schwab maintains its position as a leading provider of mutual funds, and maintains a competitive position in the 529 space, for investors, advisors, and plan sponsors/administrators.
- Lead team of Relationship Managers in support of our product platforms primarily Mutual Funds but extending into other platforms such as Separately Managed Accounts and Exchange Traded Funds including establishing clear goals and performance expectations and consistently communicate progress against those goals.
- Lead planning and negotiations with asset management firms and make decisions on financial matters including but not limited to, price and contract negotiations.
- Serve as a member of our Senior Asset Management Solutions Leadership Team in determining and executing our overall 3rd party platform strategy.
- Represent Schwab at industry conferences and events, typically while interacting with executives and other representatives of the asset managers on Schwab’s platforms
- Deep expertise of the competitive landscape in the financial services industry, especially as it relates to asset management and related product solutions especially mutual funds, ETFs, and managed accounts.
- Proven experience at creating a strategic roadmap and vision for teams.
- A strong understanding of key partner functions such as product management, trading, marketing, supervision, and compliance.
- Executive level communication skills, comfort creating and delivering presentations to varying audiences, including clients, business partners, and senior executives.
- Results oriented leader who takes the initiative and effectively distills strategy, analytics, and varied sets of input to drive to decisions and follow through with strategic, practical execution
- Courageous leader who develops followership and builds high performing, diverse, cross functional teams of both direct and indirect members rallied around the strategy
- A passion for talent development including initiatives supporting acquisition efforts of top talent
- Strong emotional intelligence/maturity and senior level executive presence
- An influential leader who inspires and motivates teams and is able to create an innovative vision for the future with the ability to take a highly disciplined and creative approach in resource allocation.
- Proactively confronts challenges and is able to make tough choices while confidently communicating difficult messages with transparency and candor.
- Displays confidence and courage in business and talent decisions, actions and communications with a demonstrated ability to take decisive action when needed, including championing ideas, position or dissent to best drive efficiency.
- Highly collaborative and able to create followership; thrives on initiating, building and cultivating strong authentic relationships inside and outside the group; navigates and activates alignment across organizational silos.
- BA/BS degree; MBA preferred
- Industry certifications (CFA, CFP, CIMA) preferred.
- Series 7, 66, and 9/10 (may consider as a condition of employment)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
||FINRA Series 66, FINRA Series 10, FINRA Series 7, FINRA Series 9
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Business Development and Sales-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree, CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Monday, October 23, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017