Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Sarah L Timms
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Advisor Services Technology (AST) Production Services and Operations group is responsible for providing timely, knowledgeable, friendly enterprise-class support for a suite of products and services provided to Registered Investment Advisors (RIAs). The platforms we support are essential to the success of the investment advisor and offer features such as client relationship management, portfolio accounting, trading, data integration, reporting and much more.
What you’ll do:
This position requires a highly motivated, skilled, and detail oriented professional who will fulfill infrastructure related system design engineering and implementation objectives in support of trading application, online website application and data delivery system environments in the AST space. Individual will collaborate and coordinate efforts with other technology groups throughout the Schwab Technology Services (STS) organization. This includes groups in the business, leading and driving project initiatives that support the development and delivery of production applications/systems solutions in support of our Advisor Services clients.
- Design, define and implement complex system requirements for clients.
- Analyze system capacity and performance specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility.
- Must be able to effectively present and recommend proposed solutions to both technical and business management personnel.
- Coordinate the design and integration of total system solutions. Drive proof-of concept activities to determine viability of the proposed solution.
- Identify, analyze and resolve system support deficiencies. Develop and recommend corrective actions. Participate in technical incident calls as necessary to help restore service under severe time-bound situations. Participate and support both scheduled and unscheduled changes afterhours and on weekends.
- Oversee alignment of AST architecture roadmap initiatives with Enterprise Architecture roadmap to ensure compliance with service, growth, currency and security related initiatives.
- Communicate, coordinate, and collaborate with application architects, developers, DBA’s, release engineering and production support teams, and cross enterprise organizations in support of automation, shared service solutions, application go-live processes, and operational continuity initiatives.
- Adhere to project management guidelines for schedule, cost, resource, security & risk and documentation requirements.
What you have:
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years in-depth technical background designing and implementing enterprise level infrastructure solutions that align with organization and corporate objectives. Financial services industry background and experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Windows OS platform knowledge
- Cluster Server solutions: VCS experience
- Windows PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of IIS Application server service
- Knowledge of Active Directory
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, ability to effectively communicate with technology management and the business partner
- Ability to mentor and share technical knowledge by conducting technical overviews and educational sessions with team members and technical teams on a periodic basis
- Application performance monitoring solutions: AppDynamics
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS enterprise storage technologies and solutions
- Knowledge of Network: Cisco GSS/CSM, F5 technologies knowledge
- Knowledge of Capacity/Performance Monitoring solutions: SPLUNK, Keynote, Zenoss
- DB platforms: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB
- Strong listening skills with the ability and experience to lead meetings, design reviews and other project discussions associated with infrastructure technology and solutions
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Friday, October 20, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 29, 2018