San Francisco - CA, SF211MN, 211 Main St, 94105-1905
Anthony Jason Pacheco
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Charles Schwab has been a leader in financial services for over four decades, working to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable to all. Driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity, we’re committed to providing an environment that respects and appreciates the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. Our goal, as seen through clients' eyes, is that Schwab continuously improves on being a premier financial service provider through best-in-class service, technology, products, people and advice.
The Digital Services Finance team provides financial analysis and business decision support for Schwab’s newly formed Digital Services enterprise. The team’s objectives are to help business partners drive operational leverage and maximize profitability through rigorous analysis to support strategic decision making and planning, understand business trends, and communicate performance.
What you’ll do:
This role provides a terrific opportunity for an experienced Finance professional to partner directly with senior leaders in the newly formed Digital Services enterprise and their counterparts in various other enterprises across Schwab. The Manager of Finance is a close partner to the Digital Services leadership team and plays a critical role as part of the Schwab Digital Services Finance team providing FP&A, financial oversight and decision support for leadership’s digital transformation efforts. This is an individual contributor role.
Day-to-Day responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- Working closely with various partners across Schwab to support decision making for Schwab’s digital transformation efforts through ad-hoc financial analysis
- Verbal and written articulation of investment value and recommendations for executive audience
- Identify, define, and obtain cross-enterprise buy-in and operationalize Key Performance Indicators
- Partner with Digital Services leadership team to develop annual operating plans and financial forecasts
- Support the monthly risks and opportunities tracking, close process and reporting
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Accounting or related field
- 5 years of related experience in a finance or analytical role
- Comfortable expressing a point of view in a team setting and with partners at all levels
- Proactive self-starter and team player who can manage multiple deliverables of varying scope and complexity simultaneously and work efficiently to meet tight deadlines with limited supervision in an extremely fast-paced, rapidly changing, time-sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience collaborating with senior business partners
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to succinctly synthesize data, develop recommendations, create presentations and present to leadership
- Comfort with ambiguity with an ability to learn quickly and thrive in a complex dynamic environment
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Understanding of corporate finance theory, financial markets and financial statement analysis
- Strong Excel skills, with an understanding of financial modeling best practices
- Consulting experience
- OLAP tool data extraction
- Experience in financial services industry (brokerage, retail/commercial banking, asset management, etc.)
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with San Francisco ordinance 17-14 and federal law and regulations applicable to Charles Schwab.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Financial Services-6+ yrs, Accounting and Finance-2-5 yrs, Accounting and Finance-6+ yrs, Financial Services-2-5 yrs
|Position Located In:
||CA - San Francisco
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Wednesday, November 1, 2017