Phoenix - AZ, PHX4701A, 4701 E Francisco Dr, 85044-5365
Christine Marie Hill
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Access & Entitlements team is the business owner for mitigating internal fraud risk to the Firm based on end user access to the Firm’s Business Applications. The team’s objectives are to mitigate opportunities for one employee to commit and/or conceal fraud by ensuring his/her system privileges are commensurate to their job responsibilities. Additionally, the team is responsible for maintaining oversight of the access control environments for the Firm’s Mainframe and 3rd party/distributed applications that pose high user fraud risk to the Firm. In order to achieve these objectives, the team works closely with business management and technology to examine and review employee access and determine what access is appropriate to the user's job responsibilities. Examination of employee access includes, but is not limited to, analysis of system/application usage reports, reconciliation of access control systems and applications, and application design governing user access. . Finally, the team serves as the liaison between the firm’s Information Security organization, the lines of business and technology, providing overall support and guidance to ensure compliance to the firm’s Access Administration policies.
What you’ll do:
The candidate will develop a deep understanding of Schwab’s information security risk management policies and standards, as well as industry regulations, standards and best practices for identity and access management. They will focus on evolving the overall Access & Entitlements user access risk management strategy and oversee execution of department objectives.
- Develop a multi-year strategy for Access & Entitlements to achieve greater efficiencies and scalability for managing user access risks to the firm’s business applications.
- Lead development and management of projects and/or management action plans to support multi-year strategy.
- Work with cross-functional team across Schwab including Identity Management, Access Management and Information Security to drive execution of projects and processes.
- Work with senior leadership and business partners to identify and prioritize initiatives to maximize impact in strengthening our user access control environment.
- Provide guidance and consult with application owners across the firm to ensure implementation and maintenance of appropriate user access control processes.
- Cultivate and maintain high level of employee engagement across all locations and establish a work environment that allows individuals to flourish.
- Develop and monitor key business metrics to ensure progress against projects and timely delivery against all service level agreements.
What you have:
- Excellent understanding of control and oversight concepts with demonstrated ability to apply knowledge across job responsibilities.
- Strong strategic skills with proven ability to drive and execute on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to senior management and partners.
- Ability to synthesize data, develop recommendations and influence partners to take action
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deliverables in order to meet deadlines
- Good MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills (Intermediate level) and MS Access (basic level)
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5-7 years work experience in the financial industry.
- Minimum 5 years of experience leading, managing, developing people.
You demonstrate these behaviors:
Delivers Results: Delivers positive results regardless of circumstances, utilizing the right mix of analysis, judgment, agility and urgency
Overcomes Barriers: Takes responsibility for addressing obstacles that hinder our people and our business
Challenger: Takes risks when the opportunity warrants it and the potential downside is understood; is no disheartened by failure but uses it as an opportunity to learn
Exceptional Communicator: Communicates clearly, authentically, and persuasively
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix
Activation Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2017
Expiration Date: Thursday, March 1, 2018