Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
Don Carlos Collins
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The Compliance Department provides advice and guidance to our business partners regarding the applicability of rules and regulations; advice on policies, procedures and controls; reviewing advertising and other communications with the public.
Our IIMS Compliance Risk and Testing Group is looking for a Senior Manager to support our partners with responsibility for evaluating Schwab’s institutional investment advisers and related funds’ policies and procedures for the adequacy of their design and implementation effectiveness (i.e., Rule 206(4)-7 and Rule 38a-1 reviews). This is an individual contributor role reporting into the Vice President of IIMS Compliance Risk and Testing and will be based in Lone Tree, CO.
What you’ll do:
Responsibilities for this role include devising and implementing the annual test plans in order to identify gaps and deficiencies or opportunities for enhancement of internal compliance controls; preparing written reports about the results of testing; updating investment adviser risk assessments and following up on management action plans. The Senior Manager will also assist in the implementation of project plans and the preparation of board and committee materials.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the annual and quarterly review of the Charles Schwab Investment Management (CSIM) Compliance Risk Assessment and with the quarterly IIMS Compliance Risk Assessment reviews
- Participating in the annual assessment of the CSIM and IIMS Compliance test plans and carrying out the testing and the reporting to the Mutual Fund and ETF Board of Trustees, the CSIM Compliance Committee and Corporate Compliance division
- The senior manager will keep current on rules, regulations, and policies applicable to the businesses they cover
- The senior manager routinely follows up on issues identified and escalates as warranted
Key Factors for Success in This Role:
- Critical Thinking: Has a thorough understanding of the regulatory environment, rules and regulations applicable to the area of responsibility. Understands the totality of the impact of a proposed solution and implements what’s best for the company overall. Understands and clearly communicates the difference between regulatory requirements, industry standards and business risk decisions.
- Results Oriented & Accountability: Owns successes and failures, and those of their group, and applies learnings from both to the benefit of future efforts. Proactively provides relevant compliance advice and guidance. Manages resources to balance quality, urgency, and execution.
- Communication Skills: Communications are clear, concise and tailored to the audience. Influences others without relying on direct authority.
- Positive agent of the Compliance Department: Works collaboratively with colleagues throughout Compliance and the company. Actions reflect a commitment to the success of the Compliance Department. Provides objective and constructive feedback to management and colleagues. Solicits, understands and accepts the perspective of others. The senior manager is resourceful and respects others’ time.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience in the financial services industry with a strong working knowledge of investment advisor businesses, SEC rules and federal securities regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with SEC Rules 206 (4)-7 and 38a-1, along with compliance test plan assessments and reporting
- Advanced verbal, written and reporting communication skills
- Strong understanding of the role of compliance and the relationship between compliance and business partners
- Ability to work independently, and within a geographically dispersed team while managing multiple complex projects
What you’ll get:
- Everyday Wellness: Healthy Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Choices, Wellness Champions
- Financial Fitness: 401k Match, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab’s hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Expiration Date: Friday, December 1, 2017