Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Lara Lynn Nolen
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
The CET Strategic Initiatives team at Charles Schwab is a leading edge organization using modern approaches for developing and delivering web applications. We are looking for a talented web developer to join the front-end Move Money team.
What you’ll do:
You will work in a fast-paced, customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques. You will interact with technology and business partners to develop responsive, scalable, Single Page Applications (SPA) using Angular. We take our responsibility to support, teach and develop our team very seriously, and we expect you to be driven to learn and grow and continuously contribute to evolving the Schwab experience and technology.
What you have:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related practical experience
- Experience with a source control system
- Understanding of Agile software development principles
- Knowledge of design patterns and SOLID principles
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with C#/.Net a plus
- Experience with web presentation models (such as MVC)
- Experience with angular, bootstrap, backbone
- Experience with pairing, TDD & BDD
- Knowledge of Web Content Management Systems
- Knowledge of Web Accessibility
- Experience in developing against NoSQL systems like MongoDB
- Knowledge of financial services or banking
- A passion for continuous improvement in both technology and process
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- A passion for including automated unit tests in your development process
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||IT-Other Specialty Engineering-less than 2 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-less than 2yrs
|Position Located In:
||TX - Austin
Activation Date: Friday, October 13, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 25, 2017