Phoenix - AZ, PHX4750A, 4750 E Francisco, 85044-5359
Curtis A Crawford
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab Advisor Services is the leading provider of custody, trading, technology and practice management to registered independent advisory firms. We provide access to sophisticated wealth-management services that help advisors attract and retain affluent clients, as well as profitably grow, compete and succeed in their business efforts. Advisor Services custodies over $700 billion in advisor assets and is a growing, dynamic division.
Members of the Field Experience group within Schwab Advisor Services partner very closely with our advisor-facing sales and service organizations to ensure they are equipped with the tools, training, and information necessary to do their jobs. The Knowledge Management (KM) team within Field Experience specifically works to empower the field (i.e. client-facing staff) to serve advisors faster and more effectively by simplifying and speeding up their knowledge transfer experience. The position reports to the Managing Director, AS Knowledge Management.
What you’ll do:
- Empower the field to serve advisors faster and more effectively by simplifying and speeding up the knowledge-transfer experience.
- Help build and evolve the content strategy for AS.
- Ongoing monitoring of usability issues, metadata and search optimization within the platform to consistently improve the user experience.
- Execute on the content strategy; enforce consistent content standards, maintain logical information architecture, and manage the ongoing content maintenance process.
- Collaborate with user audience to capture feedback and improve content accordingly.
- Educate business partners and content contributors on web writing best practices.
- Execute a consistent communication strategy to drive awareness and adoption of best practices and communicate progress/success metrics to stakeholders.
- Sustain strong relationships with content contributors and technology partners; become an SME on the needs of the field.
What you have:
- Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s degree a plus
- 5+ years in a professional communications or marketing role where content management, strategy and/or product development/project management was a core responsibility (or transferable experience).
- Motivated by change; willingness and ability to drive change; demonstrated success with effective change management
- Comfort in presenting to groups and interacting with senior management.
- Self-motivated; ability to work well collaboratively and without direct supervision.
- User/reader/client focus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and active listening skills.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, strategic planning and organizational skills.
- Experience working in financial services, particularly near client-facing roles is a plus.
- Superior judgment, including the ability to gracefully navigate high pressure situations and assess the impact of specific proposals.
- Effective relationship manager and networker; possess confidence, diplomacy and strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a web-publishing environment, contributing to large scale intranet sites, and/or willingness to learn basic web publishing skills.
- Knowledge or expertise in some or all of the following are a plus:
- Editing, copyediting, and writing for the web and/or targeted audiences
- Search engine optimization (SEO) principles, metadata familiarity
- Graphic/web design
- Social collaboration best practices for businesses
- Content Management Systems (CMS) such as TeamSite and Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Focus on accuracy, attention to detail with an eye for continuous improvement
- Knowledge Centered Service (KCS) methodology a plus
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Marketing-2-5 yrs, Communications-2-5 yrs, Marketing-6+ yrs, Communications-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||AZ - Phoenix, CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, November 11, 2017