Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advice Technology is a part of the Schwab Technology organization, supporting the Investor Services business organization. Our team delivers and supports Advice applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures.
Advice Technology is looking for a Software QA Engineer having substantial hands-on experience in Software Automation. The individual should be extremely conversant with automation testing, having advanced knowledge working in a Java/J2EE environment while being open to working in evolving Next Gen technologies.
This position provides opportunities to work innovatively and collaboratively with business and technology partners to execute to Schwab’s vision to be the most trusted leader in investment services.
The individual should be very familiar with different automation frameworks. It is an exciting opportunity to drive change and promote automation using the Agile methodology @Schwab.
What you’ll do:
- Identify automation test strategies and tools required to drive efficiencies for Advice Technology products
- Design, develop and implement Test Automation Frameworks for business critical products
- Assist other automation engineers in maintaining the frameworks
- Create the program level automation test plan for a project, conceiving of the testing strategy and approach
- Involvement in aspects of automation testing including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met
- Develop testing scenarios/cases to address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, boundary/negative testing, usability
- Influence, develop and execute QA process and testing best practices
- Mentor on QA, network with other Automation teams in Schwab, derive automation best practices for continuous improvement
- Drive continuous integration and deployment strategies leveraging tools like Bamboo with a CI/CD philosophy
What you have:
- 5-8 years of experience working in an SDET environment
- Strong knowledge of Test Automation Frameworks
- Strong programming background
- Experience with open-source test automation tools
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior team members
- Team player with excellent communication skills (oral and written) to partner technically with Application Architects, Development, QA/Testers and Business partners
- Flexible driver of creative solutions who will thrive in a dynamic and emerging team
- Expertise in the software development lifecycle with proven examples of process improvement
- Experience in an Agile work environment
- Experience with Bit Bucket
- Black and white box testing techniques and tools
- Exploratory testing knowledge and experience
- Understanding of BDD and TDD styles
- A curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Working knowledge of MTM, Selenium, Cucumber tools
- Proficiency with testing RESTful web services and Microservices, Performance testing, experience in cloud computing a plus
- Required Knowledge:
- Exposure to Java/J2EE environment
- Eclipse IDE
- Rabbit MQ
- Agile Methodologies
- Experience with the following tools highly desired
- Mocha / Chai
- Robomongo for Mongo DB
- Experience with financial services is a plus
- Bachelors in Science in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018