Lone Tree - CO, DENR3, 9800 Schwab Way, 80124
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client’s goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of ‘own your tomorrow’ every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Advice Technology is a part of the Schwab Technology Services organization, supporting the Investor Services business. Our team delivers and supports Advice applications and products used by Schwab Representatives and our Clients as they plan for their financial futures. As a Scrum Master for Advice Technology you will provide leadership and direction within the Agile teams to deliver quality solutions for our clients and for our business partners.
We are looking for a talented Scrum Master to join the Advice Technology leadership team. This individual should be a recognized leader and have a passion for leading and inspiring teams to deliver top notch results for Schwab's clients!
What you’ll do:
The Scrum Master provides effective collaboration, facilitation, leadership and coaching skills supporting the agile development process and delivery of our applications. As an agile expert, the Scrum Master will be responsible for enforcing the agile tenants as interpreted by our team, removing impediments and promoting empowerment. The Scrum Master position is highly responsible and accountable and will challenge the teams and strive for improving agile best practices. This position requires technical understanding of software development and technology. Responsibilities include:
- Support agile based SDLC for software development creating necessary standards, tools and best practices in a clearly document form.
- Participate and support development and software delivery. This includes the following:
- Organize and facilitate daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives, sprint and release planning, demos and other Scrum-related meeting
- Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress
- Maintain process documentation
- Ensure the development teams are practicing the core agile principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on Product & Sprint Backlogs.
- Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice
- Support the development managers and project leads as necessary
- Assist with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments, prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Empower the teams to self-organize
- Improve the productivity of the sprint teams
- Ensure the team strives to make each increment of functionality potentially releasable
- Participate in the organization and planning of the development schedule based on methodology that has been developed to create a cohesive plan with identifiable platform dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the agreed project user stories and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, budget, time, and quality parameters
- Adapting project scope, schedules, and resource assignments as required throughout projects to respond to emerging requirements and risks.
What you have:
You should possess a keen knowledge, desire, and passion to produce quality solutions for clients.
- Must be a Certified Scrum Master with 3+ years Scrum Master Experience.
- 8+ years of technology experience, preferably in a lead role.
- Experience with the Atlassian Stack: Jira, Confluence, Bamboo
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate.
- Experience working with agile methodology on large scale, technically complex projects for a large enterprise.
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Highly adaptable to changing environment.
- Must have exceptional communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse and a geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to coach teams to reach their highest potential.
- Must be self-motivated, as well as, creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems.
- Must be collaborative in driving decisions and able to deal with multiple projects and deadlines.
- Ability to hold team members accountable, set clear sprint performance standards, resolve sprint performance issues, keep team engaged and on task.
- Results Driven (Prioritizing, Taking Initiative, Taking Ownership) Team Leadership (Coaching Others, Dealing with Stress, Demonstrating Teamwork, Influencing Others, Interacting with Others, Maintaining Composure, Motivating Others, Providing Direction and Leadership).
- Bachelor's degree and relevant education and experience.
- Experience in continuous integration and continuous delivery practices is a plus
- Curiosity to understand and leverage new tools and technologies
- Self-motivated, quick learner who can manage multiple projects with minimal direction
- Be a mentor to junior members of the team
- Excellent team player with the ability to influence and negotiate
- Ability to work with engineers and executives
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or Masters in Computer Science
What you’ll get:
- Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
- Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
- Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
- Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
- Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
- Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law.
||English - spoken
|Current Licenses / Certifications:
|Relevant Work Experience:
||Project Management-6+ yrs, Project Management-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs
|Position Located In:
||CO - Lone Tree
Activation Date: Thursday, October 12, 2017
Expiration Date: Saturday, January 13, 2018